What else other than Milk of Magnesium can we take for constipation?

luludoll
on 6/11/14 11:03 am

I am 8 day post op for Gastric Bypass and I was fine until three days ago and no movement....not liking this part.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/11/14 11:50 am

Enema.... Suppository... Miralax..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 6/11/14 11:53 am - OH

Miralax.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

CPA_Loser
on 6/11/14 11:55 am - WA

I also had bypass and struggled with horrible constipation early out. Luckily it is better now at 14 weeks out. 

I was told I could take the following: Metamucil, colace, milk of magnesia and miralax. You should call you surgeon though to discuss your own personal needs and what medicines are ok for you to take. Good luck! Hope it improves soon - it's the worst part for me so far!

luludoll
on 6/11/14 2:44 pm

Thank you! 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 6/11/14 10:35 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

I found ground flax seed added to my shake did wonders. Check with the doctor though if you are able to use this yet.

internetnut
on 6/11/14 11:34 pm - elmira, NY

My Doctor recommends Miralax too

Most Active