Please... I need help....

daizi55
on 6/13/14 12:42 am - Trenton, GA

I have gained 15 pounds and no matter what I do, it keeps going up.

Could it be the new whey protein, 25 grams. It was the 52 grams, but I found a cheaper one.

I remember something about a cottage cheese diet to get back on track..

I do not eat bread, nor do I drink any cokes, of any sort. I have cut out all carbs, but it keeps going up.

any answers will be appreciated.

Karen M.
on 6/13/14 1:00 am - Mississauga, Canada

To start to figure this out, input your menu into a tracker - I like My Fitness Pal. That will give you a read-out of what you're putting into your mouth and the number of calories, carbs, fats, proteins, etc. and give you a better idea of what you may need to change. Or post a typical daily menu here so we can take a look at it.

Also consider, have you changed/added any medications?

I'm happy to try to help once I have a better idea of what you're eating. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Laura in Texas
on 6/13/14 1:14 am

I agree with the suggestion to track your food. Get out your measuring cups and the food scale. We tend to forget what a real serving size looks like. Every little bit adds up.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

poet_kelly
on 6/13/14 1:40 am - OH

Have you started getting more calories?  Or less exercise?

A fad diet only helps you get back on track if the track you want to get on is the fad diet track.  I think we all learned long before we had WLS that fad diets don't work.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/14 1:59 am
VSG on 07/07/14

You can gain weight from over using no sugar added items. (Stevia used in MODERATION seems ok) I went off all attitives and my body changed dramtically. Think CLEAN eating not just calories. Best wishes!

Lori W.
on 6/13/14 9:39 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

What are the other differences between the protein types - calories, sugar, carbs, etc.?

Karen M.
on 6/14/14 6:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'm not sure I understand your question?

Karen

Lori W.
on 6/14/14 9:31 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

OP wrote: "Could it be the new whey protein, 25 grams. It was the 52 grams, but I found a cheaper one."

Karen M.
on 6/15/14 2:16 am - Mississauga, Canada

Ahhh... gotcha. Blonde moment on my part ;)

Karen

Most Active