Starting Over

Shannon L.
on 6/14/14 6:36 am - streator, IL

It's a possibility that I may have to have a revision...I have an appointment in Peoria, IL with Dr. Marshall to go over my options.  I have an Upper GI x-ray already scheduled.  I know that the Peoria Surgical Group accepts Medicaid, but will they accept it for a revision, if needed?  I'm basically starting over here.  I had the RNY with no complications on 6/6/2006, and have gained all but 5 lbs back.  I have no idea what to expect or what I'm even in for....Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.  Forgot to add that I just had a scope done on my left knee for torn cartilage, that was due to my weight.

Shannon

Also posted on the revisions board

Valerie G.
on 6/14/14 7:10 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If they work with Medicaid, then I wouldn't expect a problem from them on the fact that you need a revision.  You'll want to check with Medicaid more than anything to make sure that they cover revisions.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Shannon L.
on 6/14/14 7:37 am - streator, IL

I'll have to get ahold of my caseworker, IF she'll answer the blasted phone lol....Thanks Val!

herdofit
on 6/14/14 8:35 am

Best of luck to you on your journey. I am considering a revision as well. I've been slowing gaining as well. 

poet_kelly
on 6/14/14 10:40 am - OH

If they accept Medicaid, I assume they would accept it for a revision.  But the easiest way to find out would be to call their office  Monday and ask.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JenniPenny
on 6/15/14 7:53 am - MN

Most doctors and/or insurance companies will do the revision if there is a medical reason - like failure of the original surgery for the patient. If the patient has not followed the diet plan or gone over the recommended calorie and fat and sugar intake recommendations for the day or not exercised enough to maintain the weight loss then the insurance won't do the surgery. Around here for a revision to be covered, the surgical procedure has to be a failure. If it's non-compliance with the patient they won't cover it. You don't state your medical issues with it but have you been tested by the doc to see if the original surgery is still intact>?

Jen 13 yrs post op RNY

Shannon L.
on 6/15/14 8:09 am - streator, IL

Not til the July 29th....because there are no surgeons where I'm at, and my PCP has no idea what I'm even talking about when I mention it (I get the glazed over stare) I have to see a new doc.  The previous doc I have not seen since 06, he left IL and went to PA

Most Active