Skinny Cow Ice Cream?

SusieOl
on 6/19/14 2:44 pm

Has anyone tried this stuff. Is it ok to eat. I dont see my Dr for several weeks, just wondered if anyone tried it

kathkeb
on 6/19/14 3:18 pm

No,full of empty calories and lots of ingredients I can't pronounce.

I gave up ice cream 5 years ago and if I was going to eat it again, I would have a small portion of REAL ice cream.

Kath

Eggface
on 6/19/14 5:48 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
jastypes
on 6/19/14 10:40 pm - Croydon, PA

Read the label to see if it has more sugar than your surgeon recommends.  My rule was no more than 2 grams of added sugar per serving.  I believe Skinny Cow is not sugar free.  Eating sugar causes many people to crave more sugar.  I wouldn't eat it, personally.  I do, however, eat no sugar added ice cream.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Tracy D.
on 6/19/14 11:56 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Ice cream is a trigger for me so if I eat one I will eventually eat the whole box in a single day.  There's no nutritional value in them.

Your stomach is prime real estate now and you can't afford to put anything into it that isn't a nutritional powerhouse.  Fill up that real estate wisely :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

White Dove
on 6/20/14 2:21 am, edited 6/20/14 3:40 am - Warren, OH

I cannot handle the sugar alcohols in sugar-free ice cream.  I do buy the Skinny Cow ice cream.  A box of six does me for a month or more.  I am fine with one serving.  I count the calories in My Fitness Pal.  I am also almost seven years out.  I would not have eaten it during the losing phase.  Then I made my own protein ice creams.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/20/14 2:54 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I like skinny cow ice cream, I eat that in place of real ice cream when I have a taste for it, haven't had any since the surgery, sticking with popsicles for now, just remember calories count, even from the fake stuff!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

ladiieBee
on 6/20/14 4:15 am - Stratford, CT
VSG on 06/03/14

Hey Susie I've had these bars (link below) preop and my surgeon recommended them to the patients in moderations of course. They're not cheap, but a great alternative to the real thing. It does have erythritol which is a sugar alcohol and some ppl are very sensitive to them. The stats, otherwise are great for when you have a craving and want to be good since they have 8g of protein!! Sorry I don't know how post clickable links so you'll have to copy and paste.

http://www.eatenlightened.com/products/fudge/

~B

~LadiieBee~ 

Cat B.
on 6/21/14 6:42 am

I used to buy them frequently when dieting. Once I started the pre-op low carb diet with my doctor, I realized they had too many carbs for my diet, even though they're marketed to be "diet ice cream". I'm still pre-op, but what I do is have a tbsp or two of fat free frozen Cool Whip if I feel like dessert. 1g carb, 0g protein, 0g fat and maybe 15 calories for 2 tbsp. People think I'm crazy, but I think it's pretty good!

Most Active