intestinal problems after gastric bypass

biggbabeefornow
on 6/23/14 8:02 am - brownstown, MI

I have been dealing with intestinal problems for the last year and a half the problem causes me great discomfort a lot of stomach bloating after I eat or drink anything but everytime I go to the hospital they can't see anything going on but the pain is always there I also have a slight burning sensation to the right side of my abdomen but my doctor did a scope and said that my pouch and esophagus look healthy and good just wondering if anyone else has had this problem I had surgery in March of 2011 I lost 147 pounds due to the health issues in the last year I've gained 26 pounds back

sw/324 cw/332 gw/155          
CHELLEYGIRL
on 6/24/14 6:58 am, edited 6/24/14 6:58 am - PALMDALE, CA

I also get bloated after I eat sometimes to the point of lookin pregnant.  I have some pain with it too. Im super gassy ( tmi... I fart a lot) . Im about 3 years post op. I haven't gotten it checked out.  I just thought its from surgery? ? and ive gained 12 pounds back tgat I want to lose 

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

QoftheU
on 6/24/14 3:36 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

I HIGHLY recommend going to a GOOD health food store and buying LIVE culture probiotics... they'll be in the refrigerator section (and make sure you keep them there when at home).  Ask someone there to help you cuz there are LOTS of varieties.  Take them religiously for 30 days and see if that helps.  They've changed my son's life entirely.

Good luck.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

biggbabeefornow
on 6/24/14 8:59 pm - brownstown, MI

Thank you I will look for them this weekend I did recently get some probiotics from Walmart plus I eat slot of avtivia yogurt

sw/324 cw/332 gw/155          
QoftheU
on 6/25/14 4:19 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

But live cultures are much more powerful.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active