the nerves have kicked in

MKing214
on 6/23/14 10:16 pm - omaha, NE

a week from today is my pre op appt and surgery on july 9. this process has taken so long and now that its almost here im freaking out!!!! i know everyone goes through this but it seems worse when its you personally lol. 

Amy K.
on 6/24/14 12:23 am - Tucson, AZ

My nerves are kicking in also.  Insurance just approved my surgery for July 1 and I'm floating between excited, scared, and anxious.  I started the process last September - it too****il mid-November for the insurance company to get me approved to see the correct doc (I first got referred to a geriatric doc then a couple others that weren't correct), so I feel like this process has taken FOREVER also.  I guess we can freak out together:)

MKing214
on 6/24/14 1:06 am - omaha, NE

glad to know i have some company lol.  happy that you are on your way! you will have to pave the road for me.  i will keep you in my thougtts and prayers on july 1 for a safe and speedy recovery

dashmatrix
on 6/24/14 10:17 am, edited 6/24/14 10:17 am

Wait till the night before... But look, don't freak out about freaking out :). It's TOTALLY natural to freak out. I had my surgery 12 days ago. I had the EXACT same thing going on in my head. At the end of the day, you did a TON of soul searching before you showed up at the bariatric clinic's informational seminar. You learned a great deal about your procedures, and made a number of educated decisions to get where you are now. You can do it. For me I was worried about pain and recovery time. 5 days after surgery I was mowing 3 acres in 98 degree Texas heat. It's a snap guys. Really. You'll be so glad when you wake up on your way to a thin you. Believe me. 

Just make a mental list of all the reasons and things that led you making the decision, and focus on those. Think back 3 months ago what were you doing ? In 3 months from today, you will be shopping for new clothes you haven't been able to fit into since maybe high school. You can do it. The jitters are normal, just focus on the good stuff, and preparation. This is 98% a head game. Practice winning your head games now. Think about stocking up on post op vitamins, and supplements, protein shots, and powders. All the little stuff a little at a time. It passes the days and gets you in the right mindset. 

Good luck and feel free to ask anything.

basilmk
on 6/24/14 11:18 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

Make sure that you tell the nurses at your pre-op that you are scared, nervous, anxious.....

They will give you something so that you will be calm when you arrive at the hospital if not before.

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

Most Active