Has any one had Revison surgery

biggbabeefornow
on 6/24/14 9:11 pm, edited 6/24/14 9:13 pm - brownstown, MI

Has any one had revison surgery with gastric bypas  and was it more successful then your original surgery  I am really considering it and also why is it that when other doctors find out youve had weightloss surgery they act like that cant help you snd always suggest you go back to your bariatic surgeon ????

sw/324 cw/332 gw/155          
Ladytazz
on 6/25/14 3:10 am

There is a Revision Forum on OH.  Check it out.

Bottom line is why do you feel you need a revision?  Is it because you are having physical problems or because you don't feel restriction?  Or is it because you are eating a lot of junk and gaining?

If it's because of a mechanical issue then by all means get yourself the proper testing and diagnostics and work with your surgeon on the best treatment.

If it's because of your eating then all the revisions in the world aren't going to help you without addressing those things first.

WLS is a physical treatment for what may be for many a mental issue, using food for comfort or because of a physical addiction for certain foods.  Many find that if they can get a handle on their food issues that a revision isn't necessary, that their original surgery is a good enough tool to help them deal with their food issues.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

biggbabeefornow
on 6/25/14 10:08 am, edited 6/25/14 10:09 am - brownstown, MI

I was looking at a revision because I thought maybe I had stretched my pouch but today I found out that it is not stretched nneither is my stoma or esophagus everything is fine I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and that caused my weight gain but by my surprise today I've lost 8 pounds since Friday so me and dr taylor so he prescribed medication to help me with the issues due to the pcos

sw/324 cw/332 gw/155          
Most Active