Where can I find the Premier Protein Shakes that I can order online in Canada?

luludoll
on 6/25/14 12:20 pm

Hi everyone!  I am a bad girl...I had my surgery on June 3, 2014 and I still have not bought the protein shakes.  I am unable to get around as I need my hip replaced as soon as I drop more weight.  I am unable to walk at all.  Soooo I have been trying to search online to get the shakes but other than a hefty $50.+ shipping fee I cannot find anywhere here.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Karen M.
on 6/25/14 2:12 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I am very surprised that you have been managing without protein shakes - they were a must for me post-op. Anyway, I have not found a reasonable price for shipping online either. I buy the shakes at Costco - perhaps there is someone who could pick them up for you.  I hope you figure something out soon!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

luludoll
on 6/25/14 2:30 pm

Hi thanks for your input.  I am not really a shake lover so I really don't miss it.  I am getting by with sugar free popsicles and watermelon...but protein is only via yogurt, ricotta and what little tuna or chicken I can get down.  I am going to make some lentils soon.  I have seen online that there are protein gel snacks with 25grams of protein.  I think I would prefer the jelly (like a jello really) to the shakes.  

I am sure I will get told off by the dietician...I will have to brace for that...

Karen M.
on 6/25/14 2:37 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Very few people are shake lovers but a good quality protein shake (whey isolate, NOT collagen - check labels) is pretty much an essential in the beginning anyway. You need protein, first and foremost, at least 60-70g per day. Period. You are not getting any from watermelon or SF popsicles and it would be very difficult to get it all in from the tiny amounts you are able to eat.

Don't brace yourself to be told off by the dietician - change what you are doing.

Karen

luludoll
on 6/25/14 2:52 pm

Absolutely I need to change what I am doing!  You are correct. That's why I've been searching for a way to get the shakes. I understand the premier protein shakes are the best. Are they palatable?

Karen M.
on 6/25/14 3:02 pm - Mississauga, Canada

They are actually quite yummy! lol Costco regularly carries the chocolate and recently started stocking the vanilla - I like them both. BUT.. it is really a personal taste thing.

I hope that you have someone who can get to Costco and help you out. Alternatively, I have recently discovered Chike and their shakes are very good as well (especially the iced coffee ones). They are based in Texas but will take a phone order and deliver to Canada. Shipping for up to 4 lbs was $14.95

Good luck!

Karen

luludoll
on 6/25/14 3:09 pm

Thanks for the tip for the other shakes. I will get on that tomorrow or today later that is!

Jen 1959
on 7/20/14 3:11 am, edited 7/20/14 3:14 am - NH

Hi, online all I can find are outrageous prices for the Premier Shakes....Amazon has  4 packs ranging as high as 22.00 !!   Yikes!!

In stores what do they run for prices? 

Thanks, hope I didn`t step on the other persons toes by butting in...

EDITED: found a 4 pack at Walgreens for 7.99

Jennifer

RNY 5/30/08

S/W  236

C/W  115

Lauren Vento
on 6/27/14 12:20 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
VSG on 09/08/12

Have you found a protein drink yet?  :)

Certified Life Coach & WLS Support Coach

luludoll
on 6/27/14 2:18 pm

Yes actually I have ordered from Supplements Canada and it is a fruit chiller, I am trying the lemon ice tea...so I mix with water and ice.  27 grams of protein and I will have two per day...it sounds good I just hope it tastes good.  I am waiting for shipment to arrive...hoping soon...

Thanks!

Most Active