protein

yolie1977
on 7/2/14 6:51 am

Hi everyone I'm new to the site.

I had the gastric bypass 3 weeks ago.And I just started eating soft foods. My dr said I need 60g of protein a day but I'm having a hard time with the taste. I have the whey strawberry  protein any suggestions on what I  can do  for taste to get the protein I need? thanks in advance 

Jen 1959
on 7/2/14 7:02 am - NH

Hello....I use Nectar Protein, in the morning I have a Cappucino shake , 1/2 water and 1/2 almond milk or soy milk...I find it delicious....I also use Nectar Vanilla and I mix it with crystal light , different flavors, sometimes I add bananas, or strawberries , mango ....I mix up the taste so I don`t get bored with 1 flavor. I do not like the Vanilla Protein  by itself so I have to doctor it up...

And lastly I use the Strawberry Kiwi from Nectar, I use water and add fresh strawberries or frozen ....I also add sometimes Greek Yogurt ...Nectar makes a lot of different protein flavors.  I think you can buy samples from some online store or from Vitalady....Good Luck....Experiment, some people make real delicious sounding shakes and smoothies.....I hope others chime in with recipes..... Have fun and experiment but might be best to find samples before you buy a tub and not like it  :(

Jennifer

RNY 5/30/08

S/W  236

C/W  115

yolie1977
on 7/2/14 8:37 am

Thank you I will def look into samples I regret buying the tub i have. 

grayC
on 7/3/14 7:10 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I don't know about other companies

but the vitamin shoppe takes back a product if you don't like it..

I've  had to do it a couple times.

Ihavechosetolife
on 7/2/14 7:03 am

Congrats on your surgery, I hope you are doing well. I new here just got insurance aproval last week and waiting on date for surgery, hopefully next week.

Anyhow, through this very long pre op process I have tried and researched different protein drinks etc.  I really like Premeir Protien brand Vanilla shakes, they are 11oz so you have to only use part at a time but they do have 30 proteins,3 fats, 3 carbs, and o sugar. I do also like the Choc but prefer the vanilla, they are thick. They are at Costco here in Alaska an 18 pack is $24 and at walmart a 4 pack is $7.50 give them a try.  My new fav is EAS Advantage vanilla,choc,and strawberry flavors they are delish, 11oz,100 cal,3 fat,3 carb, 17 protein and they are so easy to drink, I got them at walmart a 4 pack was $5.36, havent checked costco yet. ALSO - Both brands have coupons on their website, Premeir is $3 off a 4 pack and EAS is $2 off a 4 pack. I hope this helps.

yolie1977
on 7/2/14 8:34 am

thank you didn't think of checking costco i def will. congrats on your insurance approval :)

Jen 1959
on 7/2/14 9:31 am - NH

Is this one of the brands that Walmart sells? In the tub? I never looked at the RTD shakes.

Jennifer

RNY 5/30/08

S/W  236

C/W  115

yolie1977
on 7/3/14 7:04 am

Yes jennifer my husband bought it at walmart

Jen 1959
on 7/2/14 9:30 am - NH

What brand did you buy?

Jennifer

RNY 5/30/08

S/W  236

C/W  115

Carfigure
on 7/2/14 10:43 am

Omg I am having the same problem I have the strawberry n the vanilla and I can't drink none.  I'm a week post op n I worry that I will not get results because of this. Will see my doc on Monday will speak to her. Good luck 

Most Active