Hair Loss?

theamazingtif
on 7/6/14 11:32 am - Rockwall, TX

I'm 74lbs down and the hair loss is in full swing. I know this is all part of it but how much do we actually lose?    How long does it really last?  No one loses all their hair, right??

kathie1212
on 7/6/14 11:42 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

I'm pre op but I'm worried too as I don't have very thick hair to start with. my girlfriend lost all the top of her hair she was entirely bald only on top the back stayed in. but after a bit it grew back in  nice and thick as well!!! hopefully we will both keep our hair!!!!

theamazingtif
on 7/6/14 11:48 am - Rockwall, TX

I figure it's nothing we can really prevent so I might as well roll with it. I guess 74lbs in 17 weeks is worth a bit of hair, right??

kathie1212
on 7/6/14 11:50 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

I'd say:) great job!!! I can't wait to finally get started  on my journey !!!

theamazingtif
on 7/6/14 12:28 pm - Rockwall, TX

Which surgery did you choose and when is your date??

ReginaPhelange
on 7/6/14 1:20 pm
RNY on 02/24/14

4 month 2 weeks 72lbs. Hair is everywhere!   I am upping my protein to 90g(try to at least).  I try hard not freak out in the shower when It feel like I am pulling out handfuls of hair...

if it gets to bad I am cutting my hair very short.   I don't know what else to do....

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

chellenc
on 7/6/14 1:26 pm
RNY on 11/17/14

the hairloss is a big concern for me as well. I do have thick hair but don't think I would look too good bald

Michelle in NC

Tracy D.
on 7/6/14 11:40 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It will vary wildly by individual so you'll get lots of different replies on here.  For a lot of people it stops around 7-8 months and they notice it's coming back by 12 months.  If you've got a lot of hair you may not even notice the loss. 

My hair guy says I lost at least half my hair.  The loss started right away but wasn't alarming...until month 5 and then all hell broke lose for a good 4 months and I was in tears a lot during that time.

I'm 13 months out and it's just starting to come back now.  Keep in mind that I had fine, thinning hair when all this started and was post-menopausal as well.  So I had that going against me too.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

White Dove
on 7/7/14 12:13 am - Warren, OH

Get your protein and vitamins in.  Keep your scalp clean and use a vinegar rinse so that it stay slightly acidic.  Think of this as getting your body ready for a new crop of hair, which is what will happen. 

The hair follicles are in a resting stage and will produce best when they are not clogged.  Cutting out shampooing is not helpful.

A short haircut is an excellent idea during the fallout phase.  Hair will start growing in again at about nine months out. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Valerie G.
on 7/7/14 3:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It only lasts a few months then stops.  Your hair's growth cycle is basically rebooting, shedding old hair and replacing it with new. 

Get yourself a makeover with some layers to blend in that new growth and you'll feel fabulous.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active