not feeling well

phillygirl215
on 7/7/14 5:27 am
RNY on 05/07/14

hello all, Im 8weeks post-op 9 weeks weds. I still can not eat anything that will stay down. im so scare to eat solid food so i still eat pureed food but i cant eat more than three spoon and its ready to come back up. i make sure i chew slow and until i cant chew anymore it still come back up. the spoon size that i eat with is a toddler spoon. I just cant take it. I have a headache as we speak, it problaly from not eating.. but i can get liquids down. i did call my doc office just waiting for a response. I just want to lay down in my bed but I'm at work. it is just a sucky day for me.

Eggface
on 7/7/14 5:50 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Early on post-op you will have some good days and a few hideous days... but what you are describing is not how it should be... at 8 weeks (generally) you will be eating most solid foods without too many issues (some take longer than others and some will give people issues for awhile: meats, dry foods, skins, very dense foods)

Do not let your Dr's office talk you out of being seen by the Dr or push you off... often some ulcer meds or anti nausea meds will do the trick. Hope it is a quick and easy fix to get you feeling 100%. 

Keep drinking those fluids. Dehydration will give you headaches too.

Best to you! Update us when you can.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

phillygirl215
on 7/7/14 7:53 am
RNY on 05/07/14

I can't put a finger on why it won't go down for me.. I always pray on it..Yes!! I have an appt in 3 more week but I need to come in sooner!!!  I always tried ur meal plan.. Thanks you so much.. 

poet_kelly
on 7/7/14 9:13 am - OH

Sounds like you may have a stricture.  Call your surgeon's office, tell them you think you may have a stricture and insist on speaking to the surgeon.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

phillygirl215
on 7/23/14 10:56 pm
RNY on 05/07/14

Hello Kelly,

I did have a stricture. I had surgery done 1 week ago. I feel much better and I am able to eat solid food...yayyy!!!. its not alot but its not coming back up.

Most Active