B*tchFest . . .Whine & MoanFest

Bette B.
on 7/16/14 12:10 am

I haven't done a B*tchFest in ages. Used to do one every week, and today I need one!

For you NEW KIDS, HERE ARE THE RULES: 

"B*TCHFest"  is provided as a public service to those of us who have gripes and grievances but who (whom?), for whatever reason, lack a regular forum in which to air them. You are welcome to voice any problems - large or small, important, mundane or ridiculous -  that currently have your panties wadded, your shorts frosted and your gears ground. Don't hold them in and risk future medical issues, wrinkles and/or those pesky gray hairs.

ANY and ALL issues that are plaguing you are open for you to voice; there are no "sacred cows." They say that "feelings aren't facts", so if you're feeling it, it's legit to you. NO ONE is allowed to flame a poster for something he or she writes, however commiseration is not only welcomed but encouraged. Please, no personal attacks against other OH members (at least, not by name)!

I'll start you off with a few gripes of mine, and you all can join in at any time! No limits - come back as many times as you like!

WARNING! Adult content ahead! Posts may (and probably will) contain "adult" content and language. I know that MINE will. Rated TV-MA.

http://www.comicspodcasts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Parental-Advisory-Chronic.jpg

Okay, everyone. Seat belts buckled? Let's go!

- I am enduring weeklong (so far) extravaganza of self-loathing. I have been maintaining a pretty serious weight loss for 1o+ years but I just hate the way I look. I'm trying to keep things in perspective and embrace my success, but at 55 y.o., I'm wondering if I am EVER going to be happy with how I look.

- Dammit, people! If you are stuck in traffic, trying to make a turn or merge or whatever, and someone is kind enough to stop and let you in, is it too much to ask for you to acknowledge it? Just a wave. That's all we ask.

- Yesterday at work, I was listening to all the 20-somethings grousing about their lives and how tough things are, and I wanted to scream "DAMMIT! These are your GOOD years. Things are going to get much harder very quickly when you DON'T live with your parents anymore, and you have to pay your OWN rent and your OWN car insurance and your OWN cellphone bill. and buy (and cook) your OWN food! You are way, way overreacting to the imagined dramas in your lives!" I WISH that a sibling having a better car than mine was the biggest problem in my life.

-People leaving their kids in their hot cars. What. The. Hell. It's negligent homicide, pure and simple. You were negligent and someone died. Same goes for people leaving their pets or elderly parents in the car. I AM glad to see that people are starting to get involved and started smashing windows. If the worst punishment you have for you stupidity is having to replace a car window, you're getting off easy.

Okay, that's enough for me for now, but I reserve the right to return for more venting.  It's YOUR turn!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Tracy D.
on 7/16/14 12:58 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Nice job, Bette!  I'd forgot about your weekly posts - glad to see they're back :-)    And I'm right there with you on every. single. one. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Bette B.
on 7/16/14 8:05 am

I'd like to do this on a more regular basis; I just have to remember to do it when Wednesday rolls around.

56sunShine14
on 7/16/14 1:40 am

I think this is a GREAT idea!!  And I share your much needed (IMO) opinion on those who murder people and animals in their hot cars!

I have spent 40 years on this planet, being someone else's leaning post, bent ear, whipping post, unpaid (and unlicensed I might add) armchair psychologist, maid, cook and bottle washer, taxi, and anything else I could ***** about person!  I have been a good person most of my life, have received help along the way when needed, and rarely ask anyone for help (not a virtue by the way). So, when I give you a place to live (mine), feed you, COOK for you when I don't want to, provide a comfortable existence and a fairly worry free life, KICK ME IN THE ASS for doing so!  Yes, I know better!!  But what am I supposed to do when I know you literally have no place else to go??  And no one else to take care of you??  I don't want sympathy!  I want respect, consideration and MONEY to help pay for your existence that I don't have to give back!

Why on earth do you think I am so fat?? It has been my "go to" in place of a shrink my whole life.  Now, when I am doing everything in my power to have the surgery I need to take myself back, can't you show some interest, really care not just pretend because you can't go anywhere to hide and really just BE THERE for me as I have always been for you?

I guess that's it for now. Thanks, feels better!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 7/16/14 2:45 am - CT

Karen - I kind of got a shock when I read your post because I could have written it myself today.  I am right now going through the same situation - helping someone for the past 25 years who has been NOTHING but ungrateful and disrespectful to me throughout.  Why am I allowing this to happen?  I agree - no wonder I am fat.  I am in the process of letting go of this person and have such mixed emotions.  Today is a really hard day for me.  But it helps to know I am not alone in this craziness.  Good luck in your situation.

56sunShine14
on 7/16/14 8:25 am

Mary, so why can't I contact you woman?  Obviously we have common threads, let's be friends.    

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 7/16/14 9:19 pm - CT

Sounds good to me!  I could use a friend!

56sunShine14
on 7/16/14 1:42 am

One more.....I don't know why on earth you hate the way you look Bette!  you look wonderfully healthy and sassy!  :)

Karen

Bette B.
on 7/16/14 8:07 am

Oh, just your basic body image issues. Still to puffy here, too saggy there.

Cheryl H.
on 7/16/14 5:10 am - Crowley , TX
VSG on 07/24/14

We need a LIKE button for these posts!!!  :D

I know my mom didn't put that food in my mouth but why can't she please just say she was wrong for draggin me on every damn diet she went on from the time I hit pueberty!  FAT was a four-letter word.  Sugar brought about a sneer to her face and I got my ass whooped for getting a glass of OJ one night (TG my dad stepped in on that one!) God Bless her!  She's almost 80 and she still has a messed up body concept!

Then I went and married my mom....my now ex hubby is exactly like her.....controlling.  The only thing I think I had control over was what I put in my mouth so I would binge in private and the guilt would set in.....ah, bulemia you are such a *****!

I will be successful for me and for my kids and my future grands!  Thanks for letting me share!

Cheryl

Most Active