I need to get back on track

losing_to_live
on 7/14/14 12:36 pm - DC
RNY on 10/28/14

I am in the Washington DC area and currently having trouble getting back on track with eating properly and exercising. I am suppose to have weight loss surgery but my A1C has gone back up a little and I know they will make me wait until it is lowered. I need a trainer but can't afford one. I need a push in the right direction to get myself motivated again. I really need to get back to where I was with portions and the time of day I eat. Surgery will be a waste time if I don't prove to myself that I am able to change my eating habits for the long haul. I wish there was a facility I could go to for like a 3 week stay or something.  

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/14/14 1:03 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

What are you eating?  Have you tried tracking your food intake on myfitnesspal?  My BMI was about the same as yours when I started.  My diabetes is now in remission.  You can do this!

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Carfigure
on 7/14/14 1:10 pm

Not sure how high ur a1c is but mine was 12.5 I got it down to 8.9 n both my PCP n endocrinologist cleared me.  They both agreed if I can have stable auger level for 3 weeks they would clear me. They wasn't concerned to much with the a1c.  There a test that is done that measures ur sugar level short term that's what they went by. I'm now 19 days post op. Good luck. 

Most Active