Gastric sleeve, 3 wks PO, can't get in enough liquids

FunnyMango
on 7/24/14 6:22 am
with

I'm three weeks post op, gastric sleeve. I returned to work after the second week, I am a Pediatric Dental asst / Xray tech.

This week I also started phase 2 mushy stage.                         I'm realizing that between work and not being able to have drinks available constantly, and now with starting the mush phase, and also not able to drink a half hour before and after meals, that I can't get in recommended fluids of 48-64 OZ.

Valerie G.
on 7/24/14 7:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The whole "don't drink before/after meals" is a RNY rule.  That being said, don't waste precious room chugging down liquids....but you have to figure out a way, if it's just taking a swig between patients, your job is to nourish yourself through the healing process.  If you cannot do that now, then you need to remove yourself from the workplace until you can.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

theamazingtif
on 7/24/14 8:10 am - Rockwall, TX

Listen to Valerie. I sipped tiny, little mouse sips all day long. Just keep trying. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/24/14 9:02 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

It's gonna be a juggling act for awhile till you get into a routine. I'm nearing 3 months post op & am still trying to get in all my protein & water in the same day while working my sleeve with regular food. I don't know about the 1/2 hr thing only being for rny'ers, my nut said the same thing & I have the sleeve., maybe when you're further along you can get that right balance of protein from food & having the rt amt of water too, just do what you can for now.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active