Was told I was approved! Found out I wasn't

NikkyBeauty
on 8/26/14 9:16 am, edited 8/26/14 12:18 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

So Molina member services just did a number on me! I called yesterday in reference to my referral, was told it was approved and would be hearing from someone today, no call, called again today and was told my referral was still pending I'm so upset and discourage I cried because I was so ecstatic to be beginning my journey now I'm back to square one. 

So I spoke with a supervisor, she apologized for me being giving the wrong information, she goes on to tell me that what the representative saw was my outpatient services were approved and that my referral was currently in the legal stage and the LOA (letter of agreement)  was sent yesterday to be worked on. I felt a little better because she basically said that the LOA is the legal contract between the dr and Molina and if my referral wasn't going to be approved they wouldn't have made out contracts but I was told it could take up to 4 weeks for my referral to be complete. Ughhhh I'm just like "who makes those kinds of mistakes!" I mean human error I get it! But it just frustrates me to go back to not knowing still when yesterday I finally thought my dream was becoming reality, and now today I'm down in the dumps feeling like I'm dreaming again!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Krys H.
on 8/26/14 6:34 pm - hemet, CA

This particular thing didn't happen to me but ive been jumping thru hoops and loops. I was supposed to have surgery by end of this month but my surgeon stopped talking my medical group so i feel you. Just keep doing what youre doing.

Cathy W.
on 8/27/14 1:30 am

What a huge let down!  That is a really big mistake to have been made.

Keep up with your dream.  You haven't been denied.  You dream has just been delayed by a few weeks.  I know that's easy for me to say lol.  There isn't any indication so far that your approval is in jeopardy. 

Keep your dream alive and it seems that you'll be able to celebrate next time for real.

Jules78
on 8/27/14 2:30 am - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

It will all work out for you.  Honestly this was the hardest and most stressful stage of the process for me.  Waiting to be approved.  It's normal to feel discouraged and anxious during this time but before you know it you'll be going through your pre-op diet and preparing for your surgery!

youtube channel- silkiilocks

NikkyBeauty
on 8/27/14 3:24 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Thanks everyone! Gosh y'all have no clue how much better you've made me feel just by saying it's going to be ok! Like those people have no clue how making a slight mistake like that can effect a person, they have no clue at all! My life is basically on hold I've never been a super emotional person in my life and I burst into tears when they said "sorry it was a mistake" but I'm going to continue to be super positive about this and patient and it's  going to happen thanks again! 

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Most Active