Fast heart rate, no energy

Kittykat11
on 9/4/14 11:25 am
with

Hi there, I had my surgery on August 4th, 2014 and my energy level has been low since.  In the last week , my energy level is extremely low, I can hardly stand for a couple of minutes. My doctor said my liver enzymes were high and she is testing me for hepatitis A, since I had the surgery in Mexico. Also, my heart rate is 90 beats per minute at resting.  She sent me for a ECG and I am awaiting results.  I am really freaking out about the heart rate. I'm hoping it's dehydration, but has anyone else gone through this?  I haven't been able to go back to work, because it takes everything just to shower in the morning, and I don't think I could walk from the parking lot to my building.  I have this feeling of dread and thinking I have made the worst decision. 

I would appreciate any comments

thanks

poet_kelly
on 9/4/14 12:08 pm - OH

Are you dehydrated?  That can cause low energy as well as affecting your heart rate.  Are you not drinking much?

Lack of energy can also be due to vitamin deficiencies.  Which surgery did you have?  Are you taking the vitamins recommended by the ASMBS?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kittykat11
on 9/4/14 12:15 pm
with

I might be dehydrated, for the last few days I have been feeling really nauseous and wasn't drinking as much, but other than that I have drank a lot of water.  I had the vertical sleeve surgery, I haven't been keeping up with the vitamins, keep forgetting

poet_kelly
on 9/4/14 12:23 pm - OH

Well, the lack of vitamins might be part of the problem.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kittykat11
on 9/4/14 12:32 pm
with

Thanks. I will keep up with the vitamins and water. I find ou Monday if I have hepatitis

Jiliana2
on 9/4/14 10:58 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Vitamins and water. If either or both of those are lacking, that is a huge part of your problem. Please do try to make sure you get both in, starting today, and take care of yourself as much as you possibly can. Post-op, the risk of dehydration is the number one problem that post-ops experience. Do whatever you possibly can to avoid needing IV fluids at an ER... but by all means, they are there if you need them.

Wishing you lots of luck and hoping your energy levels rebound to normal really soon.

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active