high lightning hair

jenn1469
on 9/11/14 12:49 am

So I'm 3 and half months out from sleeve... do you think it's OK to high light my hair? 

Jennifer

diane48
on 9/11/14 12:53 am
RNY on 05/07/13

I never stopped after surgery.  It gives my hair a little more body even during the loss stage.

jenn1469
on 9/11/14 12:58 am

OK thanks good to no

Jennifer

Valerie G.
on 9/11/14 5:06 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Telogen Effluvium should be starting very soon, but highlighting won't make any difference (positive or negative).  I would also recommend a new layered cut to help blend in the new growth as it emerges, and avoiding the chia pet look.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

gmantek
on 9/11/14 5:06 am

Yes, I don't think there is any reason you shouldn't.  I've continued my highlights through the whole process, never thinking twice about it.

jenn1469
on 9/11/14 5:13 am

OK thanks

Jennifer

Katie_May
on 9/11/14 9:33 am

Let your hairstylist know that you have had surgery (stomach surgery if you don't want to tell her about your weight loss surgery). Tell her that you are at risk for vitamin deficiencies and that your hair may be more brittle or fall out due to your surgery. She should recommend something that is moisturizing, especially because highlighting is so damaging to your hair, a very good deep conditioner, and perhaps something that will help new hair growth. Nioxin is the only product line that has been medically proven to stimulate new hair growth and is very good, but can be expensive. If it is out of your price range, as a cosmetologist, I strongly recommend Moroccan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. Get a leave in conditioner, and if you use any heat on your hair, a heat protecting agent. I use the Big Sexy Hair 450 degree heat protectant. Make sure you are taking your vitamins too, that will help. Any questions, let me know ;)

Katie

jenn1469
on 9/11/14 9:49 am

Thank you so much got my hair done today

Jennifer

Most Active