First day of pre-op diet

Missourimedic
on 9/12/14 9:31 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Hello world today is the first day of my pre-op diet. My surgeon want me to start today 21 days prior to the surgery and wants 1 protein shake for breakfast 1 protein for lunch  and then a small amount of chicken, fish, of eggs and a salad for dinner and a protein shake for night shack.  What a great day! Man am I in for a major change . I know I was coming just was trying to think it would be. I knew it was a life change and am fine with it. 

I also have a 5 day clear liquid diet prior to the surgery instead of a 3 day diet. This is all due to my BMI of 61. 

T-21 days

Nikipie_72
on 9/12/14 10:42 pm - Canada

I so wish my pre-op Diet was like yours!! For 3 weeks I have 4 Optifast 900 shakes a day  ( so far at day 4 I can only get 3 into me a day) and I can have water ,Sugar free Jell-O and Broth! I WISH I could have Chicken fish eggs or salad ....I'm STARVING!! Good luck with your surgery!

Nicole

Missourimedic
on 9/13/14 12:22 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Thank you I appreciate it. I figure the first few days will be pretty tough.

Nikipie_72
on 9/13/14 2:29 am - Canada

Yes this is  going to be a huge adjustment but we can do it!! Keep your eye on the prize :)

Hislady
on 9/13/14 4:15 am - Vancouver, WA

If it's any consolation many, if not most of us have had to go thru some type of pre op diet, we all survived, altho I'm sure most of us thought we wouldn't when we had to go thru it! So we know how you feel and all we can say is we feel for you! It's one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it made me stronger in the long run. Stay busy and drink lots of fluids, we are here if you need us. You can do it!

Missourimedic
on 9/13/14 8:33 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Thank you Hislady. If I run into problems I will drop a line here

Large_1
on 9/13/14 9:51 am
with

I was just think, it'd be nice to be able to eat but I'm on a full liquid 30 day diet. I find some days I don't even touch protein shakes. Just drink water all day. Give it a week and you'll have no problem even skipping that dinner. I started my diet early and in the month I have been dieting I'm down 40LBs.

Most Active