So ITCHY

Katie_May
on 10/25/14 9:30 am

I am on day 2 of my liquid diet. Tomorrow I start with clear liquids but I am sooooo itchy everywhere! I mean my eyes, my scalp, arms, hands, feet.... I itch everywhere. I am not on any pain meds, or coming off of any. I do not take illegal or illicit drugs. I honestly feel like I am detoxing off of sugar or something. Has anyone ever gone through this before?

Ladytazz
on 10/25/14 11:13 am

I was going to post exactly that.

I remember the first time I ever went on a serious diet as an adult.  My mom took me to Weigh****chers at 13 and a diet doctor for diet pills at 14 but I had never initiated a diet before on my own.

Anyway, I cut out all sugar and within a week I was covered with an ugly rash.  I saw my doctor and he asked me to typical questions, if I changed laundry detergents, etc, and he asked if I was eating anything different and I told him about cutting out sugar and he said it was the toxins leaving my body.  

It was then that I realized how much of a drug white sugar really is.

Hang in there and it will get better.  And remember this the next time you are tempted to have "just one bite".

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Katie_May
on 10/26/14 12:34 am

Thank you so much. I'm really glad I'm not the only one who has gone through this. 

kathkeb
on 10/25/14 4:57 pm

If you are not driving proper sting heavy machinery, it might help to take some Benadryl ..... But beware of becoming sleepy.

Honestly, the more you sleep right now, the less time to feel hunger or cravings ..... So a nice Benadryl nap might be just the ticket!!!

Kath

Katie_May
on 10/26/14 12:36 am

I will get some today.  Thank you!

MyLady Heidi
on 10/26/14 12:58 am

Sometimes the answers here still shock me, you are having an allergic reaction, which is bad.  Stop taking whatever chemical ****tail you are on and the itching will stop.

Katie_May
on 10/26/14 10:53 am

I'm not having an allergic reaction. I'm doing better today thanks. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/26/14 2:13 am

You may have allergy to any item in your liquid shakes.  

Sorry... I deal with that a lot.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

wendypchef
on 10/26/14 11:32 am

I was going to suggest an allergy too. Some shakes with whey protein isolate give me a similar reaction. 

DH & I sleeved Nov 19,2014. http://wholisticwoman.com

Most Active