Insurance

tphillips124
on 11/1/14 3:51 pm

Just wondering if anyone could let me know after you get your insurance approval what happens next do you get to set up surgery right then. I have had my psych and nut apt this will be my second request with insurance the first time I did not have my 6 month diet done with my pcp so I have finished that and sending back in on the 4th of December and they are sending it back in urgent so maybe the insurance company will hurry up. I sure wanted to have my surgery this year but I might have to give that dream up: (   Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

poet_kelly
on 11/1/14 4:22 pm - OH

I think your surgeon's office usually schedules surgery as soon as you get your approval from the insurance company, yes.  But you could call your surgeon's office Monday to ask for sure.

You might not be able to have surgery until next year, though.  If your info is submitted to insurance on Dec. 4, it might take a week or two to get approval, and then it will depend on how busy your surgeon is.  He or she  may not be able to schedule surgery that soon.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Valerie G.
on 11/1/14 10:15 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Once insurance approves you, they can schedule a surgery date.  How soon depends on your surgeon's schedule.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

swimbikerun
on 11/2/14 1:48 am

One of the things I did was to work stuff out with the insurance first and then a "penciled" in date with the surgeon. That sped up matters. It was still an issue, as the surgeon said he couldn't do that date and it cost me an extra 2 days of vacation, only to find out he did do 2 surgeries scheduled later than mine that date. He didn't go on vacation like he said he was. I've seen them do them on December 26th.

Changing to a new blog. Please investigate your surgeon. Ask specific questions on after care, practice philosophies, office staff, nutrition, supplements, etc.

Most Active