Nesting!

Paula1965
on 1/9/15 11:12 am
VSG on 04/01/15

I probably won't even have my surgery until mid April, but I feel like I am "nesting" already! Bought a new food scale 2 weeks ago, bought a new bathroom scale last week, got a steamer for the microwave, am looking at getting a new t.v. for in front of the treadmill downstairs, hubby bought me some comfy "lounge" wear for Christmas. Getting ready!

I actually just officially started the process (new insurance the first of the year). Had my psych eval this week (went great), have first RD appt. end of this month, first meeting with surgeon end of next month along with 2nd RD appt. I'm getting excited. Not even sure which surgery I will have yet, but ready to jump through all the necessary hoops!

Paula

Mary Gee
on 1/9/15 4:18 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

It's called smart thinking - preparing for your upcoming surgery.  Indicates to me that you will be successful.  

Don't forget measuring cups and spoons, protein samples, a Spiraliza (sp?) for veggies, small plates/utensils, small containers for the many left-overs you'll have, etc., etc., etc.  And read Eggface's blog, and Bariatric Family Friendly Recipes on Facebook, and OH forums, etc. - the more you read, the better you'll be able to cope.

Good luck on the marvelous, bumpy, frightening (sometimes), nutty, exciting journey ahead of you.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Paula1965
on 1/9/15 11:23 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Thanks for the additional advice Mary. I have bought small utensils and we already have small plates. I bought some Unjury protein samples and one container of "Click" decaf coffee protein supplement. I have been reading OH and another WLS site daily - so much great information! I have also read Eggface's blog and even tried one of her mini meatloaf recipes and bought a Bento box to make work lunches more fun! Will have to look up a Spiraliza to see what that is.

Paula

irishblue422
on 1/10/15 12:03 am - Tulsa

Look up Syntrax Nectars, the best protein powders I have found. tons of flavors for both milk and water. smooth and no protein flavor!

HW: 336, CW: 266                    VSG on 1/23/2015

GW: 150

Paula1965
on 1/10/15 12:32 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Thanks Irishblue, I will look into them. The green apple New Whey looks interesting to me too. Anyone have experience with that product? I LOVE green apple!

Most Active