Throwing up.....damaging to sleeve?

Pianolover
on 5/12/15 4:33 pm

I'm two months out from SADI, and since starting a "regular" diet....I've thrown up on 3 separate occasions. Once because I was just being stupid and should've known better than to eat a few raspberries and then start a protein drink like 10 min later. Then once 2 hours after some turkey bacon....then again today 1 hr after trying a slice of ham. The only meat I've had so far that I haven't thrown up is salmon, tuna, and the tiny amount of dark meat on chicken.

Anyway....in my post op instructions, it said something about "vomiting is a medical emergency" and I'm not sure if that was always or just in the first couple weeks while the staple line is still very new. Is vomiting after the first month a big concern? I assume not because I instantly feel better after getting out whatever my stomach did not like....but the paranoid part of me always sees the worst case scenario!

HW: 291 --- SW (3/10/15): 264 --- CW (12/31/15) 153

Chilipepper
on 5/12/15 4:45 pm

I think if you are this concerned, a quick call in the morning just to ask your surgeons office is warranted. Most likely you are fine but it never hurts to ask. That is what they are there for.  

Feel better

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Sandra F.
on 5/13/15 6:14 am

I threw up many times from eating foods that my sleeve did not tolerate in the beginning and from over eating.  Make sure you measure and if you throw up, don't eat that food again for a while.  But that being said, I am not a doctor, so you should probably call your surgeon to check on this.

Tracy D.
on 5/13/15 6:36 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Like everyone else, I will suggest that you talk to your surgeon, just to be safe.  I threw up a couple times after the first month - once because I ate something too greasy (which could be the problem with your ham and bacon) and another time because I took vitamins on an empty stomach.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Valerie G.
on 5/13/15 6:55 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Vomiting isn't normal. Call

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active