7 yrs out-help

macygranny
on 6/18/15 6:09 pm - Vandalia, IL

I am 7 1/2 yrs out and have done very well all this time. 2 years ago I had to have my thyroid removed and they messed with my meds a couplet of times ( like right now) and have gained 15 punds and am miserable ! anyone have a good way to get back to loosing again after you have been eating normally for a rough and Y  person????? help

Vicky
mrs_smith_canada
on 6/18/15 7:50 pm

Hi Vicki - I am in a similar boat (almost 4 years out), although admittedly my 15 pounds weight regain in the last 10 months is entirely my fault... I do have PSOS but I was simply eating (drinking!) too many calories.

I am doing the basics again – tracking all my calories etc.

Our OH friends had suggested that at 1500 calorie intake and 500-800 in calorie burn I was not creating a big enough deficit to make a difference and loose the extra weight I had gained back. (this is a great sight to understand the science of the calorie burn through http://www.unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article%20folder/caloricexp.html). 

The past week I have kept the calorie burn the same but have reduced my intake to 1200 calories a day. I am not counting any fitness (even though I'm working my ass off!!) the 1200 is the total intake of food. I am not going to be weighing myself until June 26th. I have some other resources on my profile page. The Jackie Warner book has been fantastic! 

And just a note - "scale" victories are one thing but so are "dress size"...and how you actually feel! I have put on 15 pounds since Aug 2014 but my waist and dress size is exactly the same size and I've lost an inch on my hips...so I'm not totally sure where the fat went (wish on my boobs but sadly not)... but I suggest taking you're measurements too to keep track of the progress. 

07-01-2011 SW 311 LBS

WEIGHT LOSS PRE-SURGERY 37 LBS

SURGERY DATE 10-06-2011 274 LBS 

GOAL WEIGHT 145 

CW 143 

Eggface
on 6/19/15 2:35 am - Sunny Southern, CA

:( Have you chatted with your Dr. about perhaps trying a different treatment, drug therapy that doesn't have weight gain as a side effect. There may be one. Here's an interesting article about it: http://www.drugs.com/article/weight-gain.html

Other than that I'd highly recommend charting your food & drink intake and exercise output for a few weeks on a free app (myfitnesspal, something like that) just to get a handle on the part you can control. Sometimes it's easy to see once it's in black and white what needs to change (too many carbs, not enough protein, portion size increases, snacking/grazing, not enough water, moving, etc.) Bring that data to your Dr. appointment too... maybe he/she will refer you to dietitian if needed. 

There is a forum for WLS Grads and a "Back on Track" group see the forum drop down above (blue bar)

Best to you,

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active