16 days out, no loss since week one

Youresuchaloser
on 6/25/15 11:40 am

Hi!  I lost 15 pounds in week one, but for the last 8 days I've seen no progress.  I think I'll be the only person in WLS history who doesn't lose weight.  I drink 60 grams of protein, and I drink 60+ ounces of water a day.  What the heck?

crystal M.
on 6/25/15 11:47 am - Joliet, IL

And next week you will lose more weight.  There will always be plateaus...and then boom you lose again.  It happens to all of us.

Tracy D.
on 6/25/15 12:03 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You must rid yourself of the compulsion to track weight loss by the day and week.  You need to look for averages over time.  You've lost 15 lbs. in a little over 2 weeks.  When was the last time that happened for you?  

Everyone loses at a different rate and the losing pattern varies.  As long as your pattern is heading downward, you have no worries.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

boxtop2006
on 6/25/15 12:56 pm
RNY on 03/24/15

When you don't see weight loss, your body might be shrinking in size.  Start keeping record of your inches not just your weight.  I think you might be amazed.  I wish I would have known to start after surgery but I waited until I was two months out.  Also, take pics and compare them, it's kinda cool watching the transfermation!  Keep up the good work and good Luck on your journey!

Consult: 235 Surgery: 209 Current: 158.5 Goal: 140     

Cathy W.
on 6/25/15 1:00 pm

Keep doing exactly what you're doing and you'll lose. It is very common to experience weight loss stalls.  In fact, so common that Dr. Adeyeri wrote an article about weight loss stalls for OH members.  

Stay focused on how you'll feel in a year from now, and not the annoying stalls.  I was confident that I was going to be the one person that didn't lose weight from my weight loss surgery.  That was 147 pounds and 14 years ago, and I did - you will too!!

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/25/15 1:44 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You are not going to lose two pounds a day after your first week. Heck, after a few months you'll be thrilled with two pounds a week! Slow and steady is the name of the game; we did not gain our weight overnight, and we don't lose it overnight either.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Doingrightin2015
on 6/25/15 5:46 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

Please just keep following your plan! It will come off. Some of u**** stalls early out. It will pick up!! I am going on 4 months out now. I have had many stalls. It seems to be picking up speed just the last couple of weeks. Hang in there! You will lose it too!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/15 6:41 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I had the exact same worries about the exact same problem at the exact same point after surgery.    We also had very similar surgery weights. I promise, you'll catch up. You won't lose as fast as someone with 200 lbs to lose, but I stalled for most of weeks 2-4 and am now down about 25 lbs since surgery. The previous commenters are right...a focus on daily and weekly numbers will keep you from seeing the forest for the trees.

Bette B.
on 6/26/15 5:44 am

RELAX!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

NYMom222
on 6/27/15 10:13 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Plateaus/stalls are not uncommon in the beginning. I too stopped losing after one week, and I didn't lose for 3 1/2 weeks. I couldn't understand it... Everybody's body responds differently. Keep doing hat you are supposed to do and it will happen.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active