count down to liquid diet Aug 10

Rita I.
on 8/5/15 9:33 am - Canada

Hi all,

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the day. I'm only a few days away from starting my liquid diet and it be honest I'm nervous about it and excited at the same time. I don't think there has ever been a period in my life where I did have to think about what to eat and soon I will be on 3 weeks of liquids. What will i do with the extra time- lol?

For all of you that have been at this stage please give me tips/advice/funny stories that get me through. Yeah for me! :)

Orientation @TWH Nov 24, 2014 // Surgery @ TWH Aug 31, 2015

Kathy S.
on 8/5/15 10:26 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations!  You are on your way!  

Stay busy,  busy, busy!  Keep your hands busy and stay away from food triggers like watching TV.  Take time to make a WLS bucket list.  I can't tell you how many times I would go to that list as motivation.  When I had a 9 week stall, my list kept me going.  Keep us posted on how you are doing

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Rita I.
on 8/6/15 3:45 pm - Canada

Thank you so much!!!! Love the puppy!

murphyjo
on 8/5/15 11:03 am

Hello!

I am starting my pre-op liquid diet on the 10th as well!! My VSG surg is on the 20th. we can be buds if you want:)

Rita I.
on 8/6/15 3:47 pm - Canada

That would be great- I'll add you as a friend! Thanks

Lisa09
on 8/5/15 12:04 pm - NH

How exciting. That means you are that much closer to surgery!  I know that when I'm out of the house, I don't think about food as much as when I am inside.  Find some good books and nice quiet places to go relax and visualize yourself healthier each day.

Rita I.
on 8/6/15 3:48 pm - Canada

Thank you!!!

PAFlynn
on 8/6/15 5:43 am - Mableton, GA

Top of the morn'n to you all;

I get to join this happy club as I too am on liquid diet with surgery to follow mid-week next.  I don't think I'm particularly anxious and am definitely excited that I finally made the decision to follow through.  I've been on the brink of committing a couple of time and then back off but not this time.  My husband is probably more concerned than I.  After all he is the chef.

Anyway - to all of us who are on our merry way to a new and exciting life - I salute you! 

Jenn77p
on 8/6/15 10:20 am
RNY on 08/07/15

Tomorrow is my surgery day. Whoop whoop. 8/7/15. I have to say hot decaf tea has really helped me!  I made chicken noodle soup for the family and strained it for me. Delicious. A lot of jello, Popsicles, crystal light. My problem was I always ate in the car. ( I commute at least 40 mins to anywhere). So I have had a bottle of water, tea, or crystal light with me. I've been drinking non stop since I started my clear diet!  First two days were hard. Third day much easier. I stopped feeling hungry. I just feel fatigued so I move slowly. Good luck with the liquids!!!!!  Just remember it's worth it!!!

Jenn 77 p

Rita I.
on 8/6/15 3:52 pm - Canada

Thanks!!!! All the best with the surgery- sending you positive thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery. Keep us posted! 

Most Active