now its REAL

alieskia
on 8/20/15 4:15 pm

hi everyone, for 7 months ive been doing clearences, now  i FINALLY have a sleeve date! September 21 st. Now im getting nervous and super anxious. any and all advise is appreciated.  what should i plan on having a week pre op. and also what should i have in the house for when i get home. thank u EVERYONE, i will be on this forum very often

Kathy S.
on 8/20/15 6:48 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

alieskia
on 8/20/15 9:08 pm

thank you soo much kathy, very helpful information

MaronitaMay
on 8/21/15 12:02 am

Generally after surgery you are on a clear liquid diet, however, you CAN have jello as long as it isn't red.  I'd also recommend having a protein powder to add to your drinks for nutrition.

alieskia
on 8/21/15 9:40 am

okay! thank you, no RED jello?? thats some new info, i wouldn't have known that, THANKS. do you know WHY? you guys are GREAT!!

RobertB
on 8/21/15 10:49 am

Red jello (or anything red for that matter) can be confused or mistaken for blood.  After a few months out, that won't be an issue.

alieskia
on 8/21/15 11:07 am

thanks Robert,do i guess no red Crystal light either huh?? any suggestions on whst kind of soup i can have?

RobertB
on 8/21/15 11:57 am

No red Crystal light  .  I like the chicken noodle soup, but you have to strain it (no chicken or noodles). Actually any soup works, but you have to strain it.  Also made some beef broth with those little cubes.

Another tip, when you start eating foods you can chew, eat with a baby spoon & fork and chew it up WELL!

alieskia
on 8/21/15 7:47 pm

GREAT!! ill be going "home" to my brothers house so i wont be alone, i want to make sure that stuff is in their home when i get there.

Most Active