18 days post op adn I am still confused about my sleeve and do not feel myseld anymore

Mrskilmister
on 8/18/15 2:53 pm
VSG on 07/31/15 with

Hello,

I am only 18 days post op and I am still not sure whether I did the right thing or not to my body.  I know it is too soon to see results yet but my doctor said the first month I was going to loose the most and I have been stalled for 11 days.     Anybody experiencing the same?

alouisa63
on 8/18/15 3:21 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I too am 18 days post op and have discovered the joys of the "three week stall".  I knew it would happen but it gets discouraging none the less.  Search the forums and you'll see LOTS of posts about it.  Just remember, it will end....

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/18/15 3:49 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You are not going to lose weight every single day. Heck, as you get further down the line, you may not lose every week-- 1 or 2lb per week is good progress. 11 days with no change is not a "stall," it is normal.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

MickeyDee
on 8/18/15 5:03 pm

I'm not a "Sleeve" person, but have read about people who's post-op life includes holding onto liquids, etc., as they recover.  Don't loose faith--you'll find the process will work.

You might want to post this on the Sleeve Forum (check out the drop down menu at the top of the page) and get the feedback there.

Hang in there, Kid.

Hislady
on 8/18/15 5:10 pm - Vancouver, WA

I think your doc gave you some misinformation, you may lose a lot the first month or not you can lose whatever you put your mind to lose. If you follow the protein forward diet with protein first and then a few bites of veg you should be fine. Remember you will not feel anything from your stomach for several weeks so weigh and measure your food carefully, that is the key. It isn't really considered a stall until a month has gone by with no loss so you have a ways to go. You are almost guaranteed to hit another stall at 3 weeks or maybe yours came early. Anyhoo just stick to the proper eating and you will get there. I realize you have awhile to go till you get to solid food but it will be a bit easier when you get on real food!

NYMom222
on 8/18/15 8:43 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I lost 11 pounds my first week and then went into a 3 1/2 week stall. I was doing all the right things, but for whatever reason my body revolted... You have to think long term, I am just past my one year and am very happy with how I've done. keep doing the right things and it will happen.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active