any sleevers three week out and how much are you eating.

Mrskilmister
on 8/20/15 9:57 am
VSG on 07/31/15 with

I am three weeks out and can only have two shakes a day, 4 oz of gelatein20 and some cottage cheese.   everything else gives me pain.   Water makes me sick and cannot tolerate Gatorade or any vitamin water.  

Kathy S.
on 8/20/15 10:01 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

If you have not done so, we suggest you post this on the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG) also, to reach out to those that have had the same surgery as you.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

C H
on 8/20/15 10:41 am

At 3 weeks out I was struggling with plain water, I could only drink warm tea, protein shakes, 1/4 cup yogurt and drank a lot of broth, powerade zero watered down tasted really good too! 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/20/15 10:59 am
RNY on 08/05/19

IF you can't get fluids down, that's a big problem. Have you tried different temperatures? Sometimes warm vs cold can make a bit of a difference.

How much are you trying to eat/drink at one time?

If in doubt, call your surgeon.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Mrskilmister
on 8/20/15 11:47 am
VSG on 07/31/15 with

I have tried all temperatures and different flavours.   Only apple juice is able to stay without making me sick unfortunately it has too much sugar and I am a diabetic.  I try to mix it with water but cannot have too much

alouisa63
on 8/20/15 11:56 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I'm three weeks out and am able to get between 50-70 oz of liquid in and I'm on pureed foods.   Did you call the Dr yet?  When is/was your followup? 

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Donna L.
on 8/20/15 2:32 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I was very lucky after surgery and was having mostly pureed food or liquids at three weeks, and was able to drink 64 ounces a day and get in about 70-90g of protein depending.  

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

boudiceatx
on 8/20/15 3:21 pm

I am exactly 3 weeks out today, and today I started soft foods.  I eat only a few bites of my food and then I'm full.  I don't seem to have any problems getting stuff down or keeping it down.  Sorry you are having trouble.

jamrodriguez
on 8/20/15 5:44 pm

I am 3 weeks out today as well, and I am able to get down about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese or yogurt about twice a day, plus 2 protein shakes and 60-70 oz of water. Some days I also have about a teaspoon of nut butter as a snack to keep my energy up. Make sure you are eating and drinking very slowly. If I try to take too big a bite or gulp I'm immediately uncomfortable. I would be most concerned about getting the water, and then about getting the protein. If you can't get a good amount of liquids and protein down, you should definitely call  your surgeon and/or dietitian and ask them for advice.

mellen613
on 8/20/15 8:29 pm

I realized I need to slow down...really slow down when I eat.  My NUT told me it should take you 20 minutes to eat that 3 oz of whatever.  Once I slowed (put fork down) I did see a difference in what I was able to consume.

Most Active