Dumping syndrome sucks!

Nancy
on 9/26/15 1:09 pm - Kasson, MN

Even after being over 10 years out, every once on a while I still try things!  I know better, yet every once in a while you just want to try something new.  I have be very limited on what I can eat, guess that is why I keep trying to see if there is something else I can try!

HKT53
on 9/26/15 2:30 pm - Toronto, Canada

I hear you. I had RNY as a revision on July 10th. I now know the difference between dumping syndrome (it all started with M&Ms one day) to having a small pc of pizza and vomitting until all traces were gone ... or now I discovered lactose intolerance (diarrhea). So many things I cant have but if I dont quit, my body will get me. So even 10 years out. WOW This grasshopper better listen to you.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

MickeyDee
on 9/26/15 5:16 pm

Unfortunately, there's only one way to find out if we can eat a certain food and that's to try it.  Having a very small serving the first time and paying attention to our body's reaction is a good thing!

Life is still an adventure!

Nancy
on 9/26/15 8:29 pm - Kasson, MN

Sometimes I can eat stuff, other times I can't, so I keep the portion low so don't feel to bad!

lynnc99
on 9/28/15 12:17 pm

Yep. Every so often. 

I've had a surprise or two along the way - who knew that a little Life cereal with milk would land me curled up on the bathroom floor? 

Most Active