Gassy WLSer Sues Employer After Being Fired

Batwingsman
on 10/2/15 9:10 pm, edited 10/2/15 9:11 pm - Garland, TX

I wondered whether he might be a WLSer when I saw the original headline. The article (and lawsuit petition) says he had "gastric bypass surgery" in 2010, but with the gas and diarrhea symptoms I have to wonder whether he might have actually been a DS patient.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/richard-clem-fired-for-f arting-too-much-at-work-lawsuit_560ee6e7e4b0af3706e0d0c9

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

White Dove
on 10/3/15 4:53 am - Warren, OH

Not sure why your link would not work for me, but http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/richard-clem-fired-for-f arting-too-much-at-work-lawsuit_560ee6e7e4b0af3706e0d0c9

This could definitely be from RNY. I have gas and diarrhea problems if I eat too many carbs or any sugar alcohols.

My sister is an attorney and told me about a potential client who wanted to file a similar lawsuit with her firm. I discussed this with my surgical center before having RNY. Others who had RNY told me that proper diet would be important after surgery. One lady said that she could not get away with living on a diet of all beans.

I realize that my internal plumbing will always be different and that I have to take more precautions and care than people with normal digestive systems. In this case the employer had given Mr. Clem the option to work from home.

Richard Clem insisted on going into the office and subjecting others to his problem. I think the employer finally had enough and should not be forced to endure his self-imposed problems.

This is not discrimination against obesity, it is taking steps to remove a person who continues to disrupt the workplace.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/3/15 6:04 am

I can't agree more...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Racewalker48
on 10/3/15 6:40 am, edited 10/3/15 3:32 am
RNY on 02/17/14

I agree. I appears from the story that his employer attempted a reasonable accommodation for Mr. Clem. I too will get tummy troubles if I eat too many carbs or other gassy foods. Fortunately I work from home, yet I would not subject my coworkers or clients to such a smelly problem if I worked in an office environment.

MickeyDee
on 10/3/15 9:52 am

Someone should have told him about Devrom or Beano.

Racewalker48
on 10/3/15 10:33 am
RNY on 02/17/14

It was my surgeon *****commended Devrom.

MickeyDee
on 10/4/15 10:26 am

It really works; I use it even today. Of course, I find that abstaining from sugar alcohols works great, too.

Too bad that more surgeons aren't alerting their wls patients to the problem and solutions available.

MsBatt
on 10/4/15 12:15 pm

You immediately sprang to mind, Paul.

Most Active