OOTD thread? Good idea or bad idea?

jamrodriguez
on 11/7/15 5:05 pm

So I was thinking... lately I've been feeling really confident in how I look in my new clothes and new body, and I've taken a lot more pride in putting together my outfits every day. It's been a great, yet unexpected side effect of my weight loss. Vanity was certainly not on the top of my list of reasons for having VSG... I'm not even sure it was in the top 5. And I've never thought I wasn't attractive because of my weight, in fact in some ways I preferred my body before (hello, small boobs)! But I have to admit that the number of selfies I've been taking had definitely increased as I've felt better about myself, and particularly about my new clothes. 

So I was wondering, if I started posting an outfit of the day thread here, if any of you would feel like participating and sharing your outfits?! If you think it's a dumb idea, that's okay! I won't take offense! But I thought it might be fun for some of us to let our selfie flags fly and be proud of our new found fashion choices together!

Opinions?

peachpie
on 11/7/15 5:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

So there are days I wish someone would see my outfit, better yet the pride and confidence the outfit gives me-- so I'd do it.

Posting pics to the message boards seems to be a bit of a mystery now though

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

jamrodriguez
on 11/7/15 7:15 pm

Hmm... it does seem to be problematic trying to do it from my phone... maybe I'll try my laptop later tonight. 

Juliek7312
on 11/7/15 8:46 pm

that would be fun ^^ ive been sending my selfies to my sister and I think shes getting sick of them haha

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

Kathy S.
on 11/8/15 12:52 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Let us know if you need help with uploading photos

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/8/15 5:43 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I think its a nice idea, posting pictures is a little hit or miss for me right now, plus I'm no fashionista. LOL My clothes lately has been tights & a jersey for bike riding & the various biking clothes I wear to work, all the other days is a t shirt & jeans.

I so hope that Ashley (Project Runway winner) clothes really take off, so nice a big girl who designs for big girls is out there front & center in the fashion world. I couldn't pull off those flower head pieces though, I'd look like an idiot, but 20 years ago I would've rocked that **** all day long!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 11/9/15 3:51 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Can you believe that Ashley won?  I'm so happy and excited for her.  I never thought they would give her the win, but she deserved it.

There's a huge (no pun intended) market for her fashions and it's about time someone recognized the potential.  Those flowered headbands, oy.  I understand what she was looking to achieve, but again, oy.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

mute
on 11/9/15 4:41 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I was so excited for Ashley throughout the whole season and I hope she makes it big! I loved most of her clothes and I loved her Fashion Week clothes. I was rooting for her the whole time and I thought she did great work. I was not a fan of the flower pieces but I could see how they made sense on a runway.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

mute
on 11/9/15 4:38 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I think it would be fun but I wouldn't participate because A) I' not working right now so generally I am not wearing things that would need to take pics of lol and B) there is no way I can handle uploading pics on this site. It frustrates me every time I try to do it. I've managed it twice.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Most Active