Any tips to prevent hair loss?

chessy670
on 11/12/15 11:01 pm

Any home remedy to prevent hair loss? I'm really concerned about my hair loss. Please help!!

White Dove
on 11/13/15 7:20 am - Warren, OH

A final rinse with a few capfuls of vinegar in water will make the scalp more acidic and healthier.  The vinegar smell will go away when the hair dries.

Nothing will prevent hair loss after surgery.  The anesthesia used during surgery puts your body to sleep and also puts the hair follicles to sleep.  Typically some of them stay in sleep stage and start falling out three months later.  By month nine they are growing back. 

Taking good care of your scalp will provide a healthy "garden" for the new growth.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cathy W.
on 11/13/15 8:57 am

I lost some hair but not very much.  I've heard that taking biotin can help.  Due to anesthesia and other aspects of the surgery, some hair loss can be expected.  I had an unrelated surgery almost a year ago and I lost some hair due to the anesthesia.  

Check out the article on Hair Loss for tips and info from a couple of pros.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

JA
on 11/13/15 12:08 pm - East Haven, CT

I had my RNY in 2004, my hair thinned, then returned.  Since then, I've had issues on/off with hairloss.  Now it's horrible, just won't stop.  I'm slightly anemic, so the doctor put my on prescription strength iron, so let's hope that works.  I'm willing to try the vinegar..anything to help stop it from falling out - there's not much left!  I'm also using Rogaine.

Thanks for the tip.

JA

RNY 2004 -100 lbs forever

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/15 2:50 am

Hi dear , I completely understand your situation as i have been through this  and so i started using these home remedies as listed below:

The first step that you can take to reduce hair loss is to massage your scalp with appropriate hair oil. Proper hair and scalp massage will increase blood flow to the hair follicles, condition the scalp, and enhance the strength of your hair's roots.You can use hair oils like coconut or almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, amla oil, or others.

Onion juice helps treat hair loss due to its high sulfur content, which helps improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, regenerate hair follicles and reduce inflammation.

Aloe vera contains enzymes that directly promote healthy hair growth. Also, its alkalizing properties can help bring the scalp and hair's pH to a more desirable level, which can greatly promote hair growth.

hope you find them useful 

Take Care 

Most Active