I can't wait for Xmas to be over

Jenn77p
on 12/23/15 6:47 pm
RNY on 08/07/15

These darn Christmas cookies. I can't wait for Xmas to be over. December 26 it's all going in the garbage!  I can't wait to get back to my exercise routine and eating routine. It's chaos here in my house. Stress stress and more stress. Good news is January 6 it will be five months. I am down 60 lbs. I started out size 22/3x. I am now size 14/L. I bought myself a couple work outfits. Yay me. :). Did I mention I can't wait to get rid of these darn Christmas cookies?  

Jenn 77 p

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/15 4:01 am

First year in my adult life that I have not made cookies at Christmas. Feels strange but also amazingly good. Luckily I have not bee invited to anywhere that cookies will be offered as my kids are watching their diets. Congratulations on both your weight and size loss and a happy healthy new year.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/24/15 7:04 am

Wrap them and freeze them. Take them to work or give away.. 

I made 3 sets of brownies...  3 parties...what ever was left over (not much) I had no problem giving it away... There was always someone that can appreciate that.. 

My BF is not fat - he can eat cookies ..but even if he does - it is 1-2 at a time every couple of days. So if we have more - I freeze some, then he can have some as he wants them. And if they are in the freezer - they don't call my name.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/15 8:01 am

No not making cookies now. Too much like work at this late date! I do freeze both cookies and pieces of cake for my husband and have done so for years. You are right they do not call loud enough to bother me from inside the freezer.

What I was really trying to share beyond it feeling odd not have made cookies was how VERY WONDERFUL it feels. I feel as if I have found a way to end a years old habit that was so much work as well as not eating stuff that I don't need. It is a double win for me. Plus in truth very few of the people I used to make cookies for really want them any more. Kids are in their 30's and watching their calories. I no longer work to have work parties. The church events always have way too much in the way of sweet goods. Freedom is beckoning.

That said I do feel for all of you who are so tempted by this time of year and it's offerings plus those of you whose families still want those goodies.

I hope you all enjoy the holiday. I am hoping it will stop raining here in the north east and I can get out and enjoy the warm with a nice walk by our local river.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/24/15 9:14 am

Somehow OH put my response to OP under your post..OH at its best. 

I don't make cookies. Never had. But the cookies we have at home is all the nice people trying to make sure we have enough... As loving as it is, most people don't get that we don't really want them.. 

I bake brownies (from a box - don't tell anyone) to take to events ...and only if they are requested by the host or guests.. 

All those real deserts are so sickening sweet...that I am no longer tempted by them. And even if I take a bite - I only ca taste sugar...so many times I just spit is out... They are really not worth me getting sick over, 

But ...polish style chesecake, or a special poppy seed cake - can't be in the house... Anything else...I really don't care...or even the smell gives me nausea... (i.e fresh crispy cream donuts smell can give me dry heaves...) 

Merry Christmas. 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/25/15 5:50 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Why bother keeping them?  Original idea to dump them is best, IMHO.  Do the people at work really need them, they have their own cookies leftovers?  I say this because some people appreciate a food-free work environment.  For instance, teaching is a high-risk profession for being overweight because of the onmi-present food that people bring in because they did not want the calories.

I say, "TRASH THEM."  This will also help people get over the "Clean your plate syndrome" that contributed to some of our weight problems.  I really don;t want to hear about how bad it is to waste food.  Cookies are not real food, but FAT PILLS.

Sharon

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/25/15 6:52 am

Wow...angry much?  

I don't know you or people you are around...but over my years of life I used to have that approach then. I learned about moderation.  And about others that don't have sugar issues for whom a cookie or 2 is just that. 

Some cookies, specially if made from wholesome ingredients are not bad, not bad at all.. There are no different than rice or potatoes or bread. And in some cases - probably even better...  Because they not only have carbs, but also proteins and fat... 

And there are those that don't have leftovers cookies... Or leftover food...  

Any food if eaten in excess is a fat pill. Fruits, starchy carbs especially.  

Ease up babe... 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/26/15 12:43 pm, edited 12/26/15 4:49 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

If my reply was snarky, I apologize.  Your snarky reply is how these on-line issues start and go on for 85 comments.  Really, you are above this kind of response.

When people have a good idea, let them follow it.  

I double down on my support of trashing them.  If only one person will be tempted, then you risk being the person who sabotages (even unintentionally) other people.  Bad karma in my opinion. 

Sharon

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/26/15 12:53 pm
On December 26, 2015 at 8:43 PM Pacific Time, Sharon0055 wrote:

If my reply was snarky, I apologize.  Your snarky reply is how these on-line issues start and go on for 85 comments.  Really, you are above this kind of response.

When people have a good idea, let them follow it.  

Sharon, you are way too tense if you think my comments were snarky. Ease up babe... 

Merry Christmas. Really... 

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/25/15 6:53 am
On December 25, 2015 at 1:50 PM Pacific Time, Sharon0055 wrote:

Why bother keeping them?  Original idea to dump them is best, IMHO.  Do the people at work really need them, they have their own cookies leftovers?  I say this because some people appreciate a food-free work environment.  For instance, teaching is a high-risk profession for being overweight because of the onmi-present food that people bring in because they did not want the calories.

I say, "TRASH THEM."  This will also help people get over the "Clean your plate syndrome" that contributed to some of our weight problems.  I really don;t want to hear about how bad it is to waste food.  Cookies are not real food, but FAT PILLS.

And I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas. 

Most Active