10.5 M O N T H S O U T... Here's where I'm at. Pics included

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/3/16 5:24 am, edited 1/2/16 9:24 pm

Looks like you are doing ok. Great ? Not so much... You are getting on a very slippery slope by introducing the foods you are, even before you reached goal.. Very slippery slope.. 

Now it is time to lose the most ..and based on your own words - not only you stoped losing but even gained a few... 

Shake it up girl, go back to basics.. . before it is too late. 

A friend of mine had WLS 3 years ago. She needed to lose 200 lbs.. In first 8 months she lost sligthly over 100 lbs... Now, 3 years post op she is back to her size before WLS... (i don't know her weight because we don't talk about that).. Sadly I see it happening too often.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Grim_Traveller
on 1/3/16 7:13 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Around 12 months is when it gets really hard. You are able to eat more. You want to eat more. You're tired of concentrating, all the time, on losing weight. You drift. It's pretty much the perfect storm.

Start weighing and tracking every bite you eat. Try to get your head back in gear. You've had a little break. Now it's time to start kicking ass again.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Laura in Texas
on 1/3/16 7:19 am

You are beautiful, then and now. It does just sound like you need to get your head back in the game. Complacency can lead to gaining weight. Track your food and see what you can cut back on. Make good choices.

You asked where we were at 10.5 months out. I don't remember but I do know I lost 170 pounds in 14 months to get to my goal weight. I stuck to the plan 99% of the time during my losing phase. I wanted the weight gone.

You can do this!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/4/16 10:44 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I agree that you are a beautiful young woman.  You look as though you have gained a lot of health in the past 10 months.

I started at 347 (according to the Cleveland Clinic) and had surgery on the 31st of December 2013.  By that October 27th, I weighed 187.1 pounds for a net loss of 160 lbs.  I did this by not allowing anything off plan at all.  I lost another 49 pounds from month 10 to month 19.  

At two years out, I still do not eat the things you ate over the holidays.  I currently range between 138 and 145 -- it's a constant struggle and battle worth fighting for.  Don't lose sight on the prize now friend!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

luxurycouture
on 1/6/16 8:31 pm

Thank you for all of the words of encouragement ,everybody.

I just notice SUCH a difference is restriction all of the sudden. Up until recently, I would feel that satisfied feeling after eating a small portion and now I don't feel that same restriction. My brain has to tell me, not my body. If that makes sense. Early on, I always felt like my restriction wasn't the same or as much as others had reported. 

I had been off of meat for several years, but I have now started eating it again in hopes of having dense protein to make me feel fuller faster and longer. 

I saw my nutritionist a couple of months ago and she was impressed that I have actually gained muscle since my surgery. She said that this is very rare and also very hard to do after surgery since many patients lose muscle post surgery. So I know the exercise is paying off, but the fat needs to keep coming off. I've got a long way to go. Speaking of which, did your doctors set a weight goal for you guys? Mine never did, so I always assumed that I would set a goal of 150lbs for myself. I am 2/3 of the way there.

Life is what happens to you while you?re busy making other plans. ?John Lennon

Tracy D.
on 1/7/16 12:11 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I "cheated" by eating crappy carbs after I hit goal weight because I hit goal right around the holidays. And you know what happened? I started getting HUNGRY again, hungry with a capital "H".  And I started getting cravings...and I felt a lot less restriction with a sleeve that was only about 8 months old. 

If you feel like you can eat more it's probably true.  But a lot of that is because of what you're eating.  I don't know why but crappy carbs make the sleeve/pouches more pliable (able to expand more easily) or the food just slides through and compacts down quicker.  It's something and it's real. When I go back to eating dense protein first with just a 1/4 cup of veggies (no crackers, bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc.), I get that restriction back within a couple days. 

You've got great advice so far on here from people I admire and respect.  Listen to them, follow their advice and you'll be back on the path to success. 

You are very lovely, by the way 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

NYMom222
on 1/7/16 6:20 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

You can see there has been a big change... savor that. It is easy to get off track at the Holidays, you do need to get back on track. The amount you can eat does change after one year-i**** is a little shocking. That is why you have to pay attention to what you are doing.

I don't use the word 'cheat' ...it is about choices. Am I happy with my choices? If I am not I need to change them and learn from them. If I am OK with the bite of cheesecake, then enjoy it and move on.

My Doc's mantra was protein first then veggies and then if you have enough room, fruit and starchy carbs. He never said no carbs ever, just put it at the end of the list. I like it because my mindset can be, 'I just don't have the room' rather than 'I can never have that again'...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active