Plastic Surgery: Letter of Medical Necessity

Tammy C.
on 2/23/06 8:16 am
Hello!
:wave:
ObesityHelp is looking for sample Letters of Medical Necessity for Plastic Surgery....If you have written a letter that has been successful in obtaining insurance coverage for your plastic surgery and you wish to help others, please email your letters to: [email protected]
With your permisssion, your letter may be used on ObesityHelp or in one of our publications. (Please indicate if you wish to remain anonymous.)

All my best,
Tammy Colter
ObesityHelp.com
Director of Media & PR
Right Choice!!!
on 2/24/06 10:11 pm - MN
On March 7 I am going to have my first consult with a PS. I know I am not ready for it or even if I want it for sure. But with everything I have read it seems to be a long journey, so I thought I might as well meet with them to see what they say. They said they would submit to insurance after. Could be interesting. I will let you know how this process goes or anyone else who might be thinking of it.
appleone1
on 3/2/06 2:44 am - houston, TX
yes please let me no how i goes i would love to hear..
appleone1
on 3/2/06 2:45 am - houston, TX
yes please let me no how i goes i would love to hear..
DELLAKEN6861
on 2/25/06 1:12 pm - Lakeport, CA
Hi am della and had my gr-DS on April 8 2004 and on March 9 2006 I will be having a tummy-tuck and breast-lift with inplants my inchurce will pay for all of it exsep my in plant that will cost me 1100,00 no matter how big I want them im very luckly to only pay so little dr k office really went to bat for me it took from nov-dec to get the ok for the surgry with a 2 day hosp stay WITH IT
Gussielee
on 2/27/06 12:26 am - Glenn Heights, TX
With what insurance company?
neice
on 2/27/06 11:29 am - Montgoemry AL, AL
Hi Tammy If you are interested in plastic surgery, that must mean you have lost a lot of weight. Please tell me how you keep encourgaged. You would think that the fact that I paid for my surgery our of pocket would be encourgemt enough, but, it need help. The lapband does not rrstrict cholocate. neice
BlkNectar
on 2/27/06 4:49 pm - Middletown, CT
RNY on 10/05/04 with
I thought that I had posted, but I don't see it. I went for my consult today and I am more depressed as ever. The risk, the scarring, the money alone.. (which I knew), I know that if I knew that I would look like this, I would not have had this surgery as I look worse than ever. Its, 25,000 for a lower body lift, never mind the arms, face, neck, legs . The inexpensive side is that a lot of the procedures can be done in the office if your Dr. has one set up, it's harder, but cheaper if you pay out of pocket. The only thing is that the lower body lift has to be done in a hosptial with a 4 day stay . The rest can be done in the office. I will let folks know of the prices for Dr. Borkowski when I get them. This should be very much emphasized when thinking of this surgery, and I have a little as per the Dr. and its not going to be a big thing for me, but the money is. Well refinance the house is how I have to do it, I know that there is funding Capitol ONE, but 23% intrest for 60 months is not appealing, but may have to be an option at this time. If I had only known, then I would not have done this, even though I no longer have diabetes. I looked much better!!!! Let me know if you hear of anything different BlkNectar
IowaHouseFlipper
on 2/27/06 11:37 pm - Belle Plaine, IA
Maybe you should consider going abroad (I did). Many people are doing this now days and the LBL in Costa Rica or Brazil is more like $4000 instead of $25,000. And the end results are basically the same. I did it this way and I deducted my entire medical vacation on my income taxes. Something to think about anyway. Best of luck to you honey! Peggy ([email protected])
Bonnie G.
on 3/2/06 3:38 am - atlanta, GA
If you are paying up front then ask them for a prompt pay discount. A lot of doctors will give 10% off since they do not have to do all the paperwork for the insurance company and they don't have to wait to get their money. I am having a tummy tuck, breast lift and arm lift and it is costing $17,600 minus the 10%.
Most Active