The Mouse that ate my Tiramisu

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 1/28/16 11:15 am, edited 1/28/16 11:17 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

My weekly indulgence was to be Tiramisu that I bought from a bakery - 1 piece.  I took 1/4 of it and left the rest on the  counter in it's plastic container.  I went back to the kitchen later (to get another bite or put it away, prob the former) and saw a MOUSE eating it.  A big fat HEALTHY mouse - I screamed and it ran away. Well, that was the end of my Tiramisu treat (and soon to be the end of the mouse). I almost peed myself laughing.

I was happy that I was not crushed by the loss of my Tiramisu. 

So, how many calories did that mouse save me - a bunch, but that mouse is still going down.

Sharon

peachpie
on 1/28/16 12:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm not sure I'd EVER be able to eat Tiramisu again after your experience! Hell I'd have debated burning down the kitchen-- but I HATE mice, bugs etc. 

And I'd have been bitter that it ate my treat... you're good for accepting it. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

White Dove
on 1/28/16 12:34 pm - Warren, OH

When I lived in the country I always had at least one cat and their job was to make sure no mice survived inside the house.  One night I got up and found a little mouse drinking milk from the cat's bowl while the cat sat and watched.  That cat evidently decided anything in the house was a pet.

It would go outside and catch mice and bring the dead bodies to the door, but I had to set a trap if a mouse came inside the house.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active