Shelly's ricotta bake

Joemac9408
on 2/16/16 1:57 pm - Staten Island, NY
RNY on 02/04/15 with

Jesus Christmas why the heck did I wait so long to try it.  I've been (and still am) dealing with a stricture that seems to be pretty stubborn and after my latest dilation last Friday I was looking for something that would be easy on my stomach and get me protein at the same time and try this.  It was amazing and just what I needed.  Feeling inspired I am wondering what people change or add to an already amazing recipe to keep it fresh so to speak.  I plan on making this a staple in my diet until this whole stricture thing is resolved and dont want to get sick of it which I tend to do when I find something I like.  One thing I may do is use Vodka sauce in the next one.  Lets hear the suggestions.  Also big thank you to Shelly for sharing the awesome recipe and for the great website she has

Surgery date: 2/4/15

Highest weight: 315. Pre-op diet weight: 289.  Surgery weight: 260.  Current weight: 138  Goal weight: 160 

Eggface
on 2/16/16 2:53 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Aww thank you for the shout out. This was such a nice message to log on and read... made my day. Thank you!

Hope this is the last of the stricture issue and the rest of your journey is bump free! 

~Shelly

P.S. I add sauteed mushrooms and/or halved meatballs now from time to time... so something to look forward to in the near future :) 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Joemac9408
on 2/16/16 3:55 pm - Staten Island, NY
RNY on 02/04/15 with

Thanks I have to go for one more dilation where he wants to inflate the balloon to widen it more and than he said he wants to inject it with corticosteroids.  My last dilation was pretty much perfect timing because about 2 days before I started throwing up pretty much everything I ate so I knew it was closed again.  Lets hope the 4th time is the charm

I will certainly give your mushroom suggestion a try.  I'm a little nervous right now when it comes to meat because of the stricture but I plan on slowly working a little into my diet again. 

Surgery date: 2/4/15

Highest weight: 315. Pre-op diet weight: 289.  Surgery weight: 260.  Current weight: 138  Goal weight: 160 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/16/16 3:11 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I like to make mine really spicy! I use hot pork sausage and add some habanero to the sauce.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Deanna798
on 2/16/16 4:20 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I used her recipe as a base and turned it into spinach lasagna without the noodles.

Thanks to Shelly for the inspiration,  I've been playing with my food and her site is a go to for new ideas.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Ready2goNOW
on 2/16/16 4:27 pm

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE Shelly's recipes! The ricotta bake was my main dish for my family on Christmas Eve. Major hit!

Also love her breakfast bites!

I wish she had a book!

Kathy

Most Active