Lovin' This!

handtlkr
on 2/29/16 7:49 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

My sisters and I have always had "enhanced" figures since we had our kids.  We have the same body shape as our maternal grandmother...go figure. I've always been the largest, though.  Went to see my younger sister, who fancies herself smaller than me, no matter how large she gets.  She did notice the weight loss and suggested I might like a pair of pants that were too large for her, but she was sure they would fit me.  I looked at her with derision and said, "I rather doubt that."  She couldn't stand it, had to have a weigh off.  When my weight kept coming up 40 pounds less than hers, she wouldn't hear of it.  She had to have me step on the scale 3 times to be sure, as she stepped on it as well each time, just sure that somehow I was cheating on weighing! Her teenage daughter said, "Get Over It Mom! She weighs less than you!"  I still haven't told her how I've done it, but it has put a fire under her butt to get her losing.  I'd like to see all my siblings down to normal weight. Hope its a challenge they'll accept.  And, btw, I am just 7 pounds away from my 100-pound over all loss.  (Not the point of surgery, but certainly a noteable milestone.)

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

White Dove
on 2/29/16 9:08 am - Warren, OH

Revenge is fun.  I hope you are going to share with your family at some point.  Your sister needs surgery too.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

handtlkr
on 2/29/16 1:24 pm - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

Eventually I'll let them know.  When my mother gets wind of it (and she will eventually) she will be doing her own research on all of it.  However, her kind of research never focuses on positives or objectively about things, so she will research how many people have ever died from having the surgery, etc.  I want her to have a chance to see that it is successful, without trying to skew her thinking of it. She can't argue with success. 

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

Kris G.
on 2/29/16 8:24 pm

That sounds like my mom, aunts and cousins! I didn't want the aunt and cousins to know but someone spilled the beans! 

DonnaMaria
on 2/29/16 10:57 am

That's awesome!

supershopper
on 3/1/16 11:13 am

Funny.

I told my sister, then my mom who proceeded to tell my other sister, aunt, car mechanic. Needless to say I was pissed off.

I weight 25 pounds less than my sister now- for the first time in my life.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active