New surgery date - July 5th

z_m14
on 6/20/16 2:37 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

In order to have more time to recover before school starts, I asked my surgeon's office to bump-up my surgery date, and they bumped it up a week to July 5th. I start my liquid diet tomorrow! 

Crazy to think that I'll be getting this done in two weeks!

Kathy S.
on 6/20/16 2:55 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good for you doing what is going to work best for you    Keep us posted on how things go!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/16 3:40 pm, edited 6/20/16 8:41 am
Revision on 07/05/16

My surgery date is July 5th, too! I just went out and bought more gallon sized purified water, protein powder,and the few things I can eat and drink for the next two weeks, as I start my preop diet tomorrow as well.

Congrats,

Megan M :-)

G2GAWAY
on 6/20/16 9:49 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Honestly, that worked well for me. After doing all of the pre-work stuff (psych test, psych visit, nutritionist, etc), I was lucky to be able to schedule it quickly because I was trying to make sure it didn't interfere with one daughter's college graduation and the other one leaving for the summer, so the doctor was able to add a Saturday surgery and fit me in really quickly.  I didn't have time to have all the "last suppers" I had planned (haha), but it was all for the best. The liquid diet is a bit tough, but you will get through it.  Just know that going through this phase will help you in the surgery and get you mentally prepared for the weeks ahead.  It is all worth it.  Good luck in your journey.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Most Active