The night before surgery

z_m14
on 7/4/16 5:52 pm, edited 7/4/16 5:53 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

I just wanted to say thank-you to everyone for the words of encouragement. I have never had major surgery, so I had a lot of thoughts running through my mind. I feel better about my surgery tomorrow, and I'm ready to do this.

I keep telling myself that while I can lose weight through diet and exercise, I can't lose enough weight or keep it off. I have been on and off WW for years, and while the program does work if you work it, I don't think I'm one of the lucky 3-5% that can achieve substantial weight loss and keep it off without WLS, and being in my twenties, it's scary to think of what can happen to me if I do not get this surgery. At the rate I can gain weight, I could easily eat my way to the grave by the time I'm 40.

So, thank-you again for the words of encouragement. Big changes are coming, but they are going to be worth it!

P.S.: I can't wait to go to an amusement park again!

sweetiemimi318
on 7/4/16 6:06 pm - Irving, TX
RNY on 08/22/16

Congrats you can do this hun!  Praying I am right behind you after they submit the rest of my info to insurance this week. I was ready for the 11th... :-(

RNY on 12/22/14

Our prayers are with you.

PS OMG What about an OH Conference at an Roller Coaster Park.  It's near Disney next year - maybe near an East Coast place like Cedar Point the  year after.  It's been awhile since I was on a Roller Coaster also.

Sharon

Most Active