Did you track your liquids?

LeapSecond
on 7/10/16 4:40 am - AR

I put 3 nalgene bottles full in fridge the morning and with my coffee it is well over 100 oz a day.  If it was afternoon and I had been short on my water intake I knew I had to drink more in the afternoon just by looking what was left in the bottles. 

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

karenp8
on 7/10/16 5:12 am - Brighton, IL

I am 4 years out and still track my liquids. I make sure to always have fluids with me and know I need to fill my drink bottle at least three times each day.

tjsterch
on 7/10/16 7:14 am
Revision on 04/18/16

Hi I started with a small notebook to track everything! At the top on one side I pu****er to track ounces the other side I put other (broth how many ounces, popsicles, decaf tea, sugar free jello). When I moved to stage 2 (mashed foods/proteins) I started tracking my protein information in the middle.

The best advice I received was myfitnesspal.com and I set up a free tracker of everything I was eating (you don't need to do this though until after the liquid stage  ). This way I know I am getting in enough protein, it helps keep track of water, has message boards also, etc. If you decide to go this route, add me as a friend, I would be glad to give you additional tips that have made it easier for me to use (I use the same name).

TJSterch 5'7 SW 284 lbs CW 210 lbs

Per month: 1st -24, 2nd -11, 3rd - 9, 4th -  8, 5th - 8, 6th - 4, 7th -2, 8th -7

z_m14
on 7/10/16 7:38 am
RNY on 07/05/16

Will do!

Donna L.
on 7/10/16 8:51 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I tracked my liquids stage, and I still track a year later.  I use MFP, but I actually write everything down in a paper notebook immediately when I eat it.  I have found if I just use MFP many things slip through the cracks.  This was my surgeon's suggestion, and it's worked great.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active