Food Not Enjoyable

Grim_Traveller
on 8/4/16 4:09 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

These are great thoughts by Stacy. Food is fuel. Not love.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

G2GAWAY
on 8/4/16 11:28 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Stacy is right on target.  The days of eating for pleasure are over (or they should be if you opted to have surgery.)  If you still want to go out and eat with friends (when you are ready for that stage), do it, but focus on the friendship and conversation.  My husband said to me one day, "You don't seem to enjoy food as much as you did before."  DUH!!!! He is very supportive of my efforts, but I couldn't believe he said that. Of course, I don't enjoy food as much any more. But I do enjoy the things that I do eat now, because I am eating very selectively, not randomly just shoveling food in my mouth without thought to whether or not I was hungry or savoring the taste.  I certainly wasn't enjoying it in the early phases.  At that point, it is all about fuel for your body, nothing more. Even at 15 months out, it is about fuel for my body and being sure to get in sufficient protein. Some days are easier than others.  But it is all worth it in the end.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

crystal M.
on 8/4/16 1:44 pm - Joliet, IL

I don't know if you can do a bun-less turkey burger.  I actually do an open face now.  But for you maybe no bun with some cheese and catsup and mustard.  Of course I don't know what's allowed with your surgery.  I just thought I would suggest something I really like. 

Chilipepper
on 8/4/16 2:07 pm

Why are you eating Cheerios???? That is a carb and will not only kick in the cravings, but also slow your weightloss. You have to track everything you eat. Did your Surgeon tell you to eat Cheerios? 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Willie H.
on 8/4/16 2:21 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

I was thinking same thing- simple carbs kill, especially so early in this program. I STILL try to stay away from them!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Tdheason
on 8/4/16 2:38 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

I will now, just didn't know better.

Tdheason
on 8/4/16 2:35 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

He said really soggy cereal, but I was eating it for the crunch. I just need something crunchy and the tv always says Cheerios is good for you.

hollykim
on 8/4/16 8:28 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 4, 2016 at 9:35 PM Pacific Time, Tdheason wrote:

He said really soggy cereal, but I was eating it for the crunch. I just need something crunchy and the tv always says Cheerios is good for you.

you believe everything the tv tells you?

Anne O.
on 8/5/16 3:47 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

Try pork rinds for crunch - if you like them. They are filled with a lot of air so you could probably eat a small bag of them at this stage. I would stay away from the hot ones for now. :)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/4/16 9:46 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Don't believe the hype. TV will always show things that look good to you but not good for you.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active