Hunger Pangs

White Dove
on 8/24/16 10:43 am - Warren, OH

I never deprived myself of things, but I always use acceptable substitutes.  By the second day home from the hospital I was eating sugar-free popsicles and chewing sugar-free hard candies.  Even with stool softeners and eating sugar alcohols I was constipated for a week or so.

I also enjoyed chewing flavored vitamins and calcium.

Quest makes protein potato chips that would be just fine for puree stage as long as you chew them to mush before swallowing them.  My motto was no sugar and high protein.

That philosophy got me to goal and keeps me there.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kudzu
on 8/24/16 11:18 am
VSG on 07/28/16

My surgeon put me on Reglan three times a day as well as Prilosec once a day for a month after my sx. I have a noisy sleeve some days, but it's definitely not hunger pangs. I drank a lot of protein shakes ( I make my own with syntax or Isopure protein because I can't stand the RTD crap). I made soups and strained them. I ate applesauce with protein and fresh ground nutmeg (I've cut out most carbs now). I'm not sure if your program allows this, but you will be on purees soon and life will get better. I will be cleared next week for full foods; as tolerated, but I find myself running back to the shakes and yogurt if something doesn't agree. Good luck and God bless. 

rachelp
on 8/24/16 11:45 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Sugar free gum is my new best friend! It really works.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Ginnny
on 8/24/16 12:01 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Strained cream soups, a little thicker than broth, might help with the "hunger".

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Most Active