Got through the Holiday.

Scaredofbeingdifferent
on 12/5/16 9:54 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 05/09/17

I'm just updating. Haven't been on here in a few months. I'm excited for my journey. Since 9/12/16, I've lost 20 lbs. Some days, I feel like things are going graciously show. Other days I'm proud of my change. I am now starting vitamins according to my dietician they are needed. I've lost the required weight for GS-V surgery in April. I'm going to keep going and doing what I'm doing. Still gave crazy cravings and a couple if cheat days but overall I feel great. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/16 12:03 pm

Keep coming here for support and to give support. I know this website has helped me a lot. 

Learning new habits like not drinking with meals does help a lot after surgery. 

Great job losing 20lbs before surgery also. 

Scaredofbeingdifferent
on 12/5/16 12:12 pm - Chicago, IL
VSG on 05/09/17

Thanks. I try, but sometimes the site seems so overwhelming. 

I've been doing a lot of research regarding post op. I think the scariest thing was people talking about their hair falling out. I'm going to start taking Biotin to try to prevent it. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/16 12:52 pm
RNY on 09/26/16

I did not lose one hair after my surgery. I still have a head full! don't worry about things that might not even happen to you!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/5/16 2:56 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Not to be pessimistic, but hair loss seems to happen to folks at about the four- or five-month mark. Sadly, you're not in the clear just yet.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/16 6:17 pm
RNY on 09/26/16

Well you might be right.( I have known someone who had hair loss 4 weeks out) However, I worked and taught in the Salon business for 30 years and I have seen hair loss from pregnancy, medication, stress and of course Chemo. Its JUST hair. It grows back. We have so many products available now to help with dealing with hair loss. I do not believe there is anything topical that can prevent it from happening but, we have so many other thickening and styling products s to get through that stage. If you have to get a new haircut to help cover , or even change to color to disguise the loss than so be it. But, again in the big picture, its just hair and it is temporary.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/5/16 2:55 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Biotin will not prevent hair loss, don't waste your time (or money).

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

pammieanne
on 12/5/16 12:18 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Yup, drinking, especially after a meal is HARD... and so is chewing. I have really had to buckle down on the chewing thing, even at 65. months out.

You can do the Biotin to help your hair grow, but please understand that it won't stop your hair from falling out. You also most likely won't be able to see a huge difference. It will get thinner, but the bigger percent of people only have the noticeable hair loss in the shower. My hair loss has really slowed down, and my hairdresser says I'll make it through without bald spots 

Welcome back, and good job on your weight loss pre surgery!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/16 6:13 pm - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17

I have met all the requirements except losing 12lbs... I'm actual now having to shed 30lbs. I'm sad. But, today I started working out again now that I got my SI Joint fixed. I also started a liquid based diet - protein shakes and such. To help shed weight. I'm hoping for Jan/Feb surgery. 

Most Active