Seriously Wonderful Problem

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/17 11:05 am
RNY on 04/18/17

Does anyone else spend far too much time trying on and sorting pants?
On a side note, for the first time in several years, I am wearing an actual bra rather than an elastic camisole. And it is comfortable.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 7/12/17 2:08 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

Not pants but shirts!

I really need to purge my 2xl and most of my xl shirts. I'm wearing what feels like a trash bag of an xl work shirt with a 2xl t shirt under it. I'm super excited to have the most expensive 2 t shirts that I've ever ordered show up tomorrow. I paid $57 for the pair of them! I'm currently wearing medium to large t shirts. I really would like to get some dress shirts but I know that I would be wasting money right now.

ThatMeanOne
on 7/12/17 6:05 pm
VSG on 08/22/16

I got rid of stuff as soon as it was big on me... but I had a closet full of clothing in every size from 8-18 so I didn't really need to buy much along the way.

I haven't kept anything once it was to big - no safety net... I have to keep it off lol Can't afford to replace anything.

I get how you feel about the dress shirts... I am dying to buy some nice things for work right now but I feel like I need to reserve my budget for the last possible second before school starts. Honestly I have enough nice-ish summer clothing that Ill probably try to stretch it into the school year as long as I can so I can get the best bang for my buck once it starts getting cooler.

I'm curious how a $28.50 t-shirt feels... I imagine they are soft as butter...

ThatMeanOne
on 7/12/17 5:45 pm
VSG on 08/22/16

ME!

I always say that I am going to wait until I lose X number of pounds before I start trying them on again and I NEVER make it. Love, love, love when I finally fit into something I've been waiting on.

Coming close to the end of it though... I'm about 21 pounds from the (rather arbitrary) goal I set for myself and at the rate I am going it should take me about 8 mo to a year to get there. Don't see my sizes changing much from where I am now (6/8) - though you never can tell.

Have fun!

And budget wisely so you can treat yourself at the end!

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/17 8:40 pm
RNY on 04/18/17

HA! No need to budget yet. Like most of us, I have wardrobes in several sizes. Sadly, I did spend a significant amount on larger clothes last summer. I am now just giving them away. Like you said, no safety net. I have a pair of Levis I picked up right before surgery. They say 22 M but they are actually a size 16 in relation to my size 18 jeans. Now, three weeks ago before we left on vacation, I could not get them over my hips. I am only down about 7 pounds since then and yesterday they slid right on. Still tight, but I figure I'll be able to wear them to the State Fair in a few weeks and be comfortable. The kicker is that pants I just got into a few weeks ago are now too loose. This is a good problem. I have several nice pairs of dress pants that will fit just right when school starts, so hopefully, those will get me through the semester. I am surrounded by several upscale thrift shops where I can shop when necessary. I've always been a bargain shopper; no high-priced T-shirts for me (HA!).

Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/13/17 5:06 am - Burleson, TX

And it's wonderful how you can have MORE clothes, because as you get SMALLER, your closet can hold MORE clothes...if that makes sense :)

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/14/17 3:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

A good point! I never thought of that!!!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Janet P.
on 7/13/17 5:38 am

To this day (14+ years) I still have a very hard time finding pants. A couple of years ago I went on the hunt for jeans and literally tried on dozens of different styles. Talbots was the winner.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/17 10:04 am, edited 7/13/17 3:05 am
RNY on 04/18/17

Yep; always been a challenge to find pants that fit. I'm a pear. If they fit in the hips, they are WAY too big in the waist. And now it seems (to me) that all of the pants are designed for apple-shaped women: They have a great big waist and tiny, skinny legs. I can't even get them on over my knees! Please let the era of "skinny jeans" (which really only look good . . . well, if you're skinny) and wearing leggings as pants be over soon. Or, at least let designers expand their repertoire to include pants for pears.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 7/13/17 6:00 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

Grrrr! I hate using USPS for shipping. My shirts are scheduled for delivery today but thery are still 250 miles away.

Spendy shirts definitely aren't my thing, usually it has to be under $10. I doubt that they are buttery soft, although that would be really nice. They are shirts from Roadkill, an automotive show on youtube by the guys from Hot Rod magazine. My family and I really enjoy it. There is one in particular that shows a classic commercial truck doing a wheelie. I had said that one of my weight loss goals was to wear that shirt in a size large.

If you are curious Google "Stubby Bob wheelie".

Most Active