DESPERATELY NEEDING HELP!!!!

LindaM1962
on 8/27/17 2:07 pm

I am down to the last appt with the dr before I get to see the surgeon! I'm so close, and yet so far away from that point!!! When I started this journey, I weighed 247.8 lbs and was told I had to lose 12.5 lbs to qualify for surgery. I have been following, TO THE T, a 1200 calorie diet. I have cut out all sugars, sweets, chips, junk food and have been eating tuna, chicken breast, no fried foods. I measure the amounts, and generally bake most of my food. I even started exercising 3 days a week for 20 minutes a day. (I've never exercised before, so please don't bash me for doing just a little exercise!) Over the past 3 months, I've gone from 247.8 to 256.4!! If I don't lose 12 lbs by September 12th, I'm out of the program!!! Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it!

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/17 3:29 pm, edited 8/27/17 8:29 am
VSG on 03/28/17

The fastest way to lose weight is to eat less than 20 grams of carbs per day. If you committ to eating only meat, fish, and eggs until September 12 you should be able to reach your 12lb goal!

FluffyChix
on 8/27/17 3:43 pm

It took me dropping down drastically below 1000 cals in addition to eating low carb. I'm now working my way back up towards 1000cals/day. My weight loss is slowing, but it's still coming off. If I were you, I would do low carb (20g net carbs per day) + drop down to around 900-1000cals per day. I also am doing low fat as well. So it's very no-nonsense, bare bones eating. I'm trying to emulate what it's like post WLS at around 6-9months out.

peachpie
on 8/27/17 4:19 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

The weight gain does not add up to what you say you're taking in.

If you need to lose weight fast, I'd suggest a pre-op style diet. Replace breakfast/lunch with a protein shake- and have a protein/veggie dinner of about 500 calories.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

LindaM1962
on 8/27/17 5:07 pm

I have been on the slimfast liquid diet for the past month, and haven't lost anything!!! I'm sure you're thinking that I'm not being truthful about what I'm eating, but it's the truth! I used to drink coke every day, probably 2-3 16.9 oz bottles a day! I gave them up for Cryst light drink mixes (cherry pomegranate) and water! I don't eat at restaurants, and haven't for a few months. I do, however, prolly eat way too many carbs, so onnthe advice of another replier, I will cut out carbs! What is a protein shake???

peachpie
on 8/27/17 5:58 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Well where are the carbs you're 'probably' eating too much of coming from, especially if you've only been on slim fast for the last month?

The changes you've made- exercise included- are good and necessary. But you can't turn a blind eye to other stuff. This really takes total commitment.

are you meeting with a nutritionist at all? It's kind if scary that you're this far in, but have no idea what a protein shake is. Walmart, target, Costco, etc carries protein drinks. They have~ 30g protein in serving. They provide a level of satiety, and nutrients. They will be absolutely necessary post op to meet nutrition goals.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

LindaM1962
on 8/27/17 8:04 pm

Eachv11oz bottle of dlimfast has 25g carbs, dobthst tight there is 50 carbs. My supper is generally a baked or boiled chicken breast and a cob of corn. I have met with the nutritionist three times. I can't say much about her. She isn't much help, just lies to hand out papers! She did (on Friday) give me my "educational manual" which has the post op food guidelines. I think I'm going to try to follow it and see if I can lose the weight!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/28/17 3:26 am - Burleson, TX

FYI: An average ear of corn has 32 g of carbs. That can add up quickly.

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/17 10:28 am

I love corn.. haven't had it in almost a year..Unless a little bit is in a soup or something. I was amazed at how many carbs were in corn.

Busman20
on 8/28/17 3:11 pm
VSG on 07/19/17

Those "papers" she is handing out may well answer many of your questions. I have re-read mine several times over to get it through my thick head (although its shrinking now).

Most Active