Ugggh! Not working!

KimMM
on 9/8/17 11:09 am - APO, NY

i have been religous all week; getting in water, very few carbs, loggin every bite--and the freakin' scale is going in the wrong direction! Sooooooo frustrating!

RNY 2006 SW 227 LW 145 CW 167 fighting like hell toget back down!!

Grim_Traveller
on 9/8/17 11:34 am
RNY on 08/21/12

The scale can be totally random for a week, or two, or five.

Put the scale away. Have a great, low calorie, low carb plan. Work it every day, with no exception, for 2 months. Weigh and log every bite, every day. Then get your scale out.

It works. Honest. You just need to work hard, and have patience. Yes, it sounds easier than it is. But it will work.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Kathy S.
on 9/8/17 11:49 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hey Kim,

Don't use a number on the scale for the only measure of success. Are you feeling better? I bet you are with getting all that crap/carb stuff out of your body. Take your measurements. Take photos, and note how much better you feel. Energy and not hung over. Yes, when we binge on carbs it's like feeling hung over.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/9/17 7:03 am

What exactly are you eating? Sometimes when I think I am getting very little of things - and I no start adding up - I realized that I was getting more than I thought.

Plus - as a lot carber myself - I can "gain" or "lose" up to 3-4 lbs in any 24 hours. Really. While at goal. With relatively low body fat%. (Below 20%)

Why?

• BM - pooping - yeah. Low carbs can lead to constipation even if we have daily BM. If it is incomplete - slowly things build up inside me. Sodium retention - I need more salt when I am on a low carb diet so I often load up. That may, time to time results in my body just loading up on water. And keeping it for a few days.
  • Hidden carbs - low carbs can be tricky - some people believe in net carbs - I don't. Carb is a carb for my body
  • Not enough water - liquid - I typically drink 50-60 oz in the morning, coffee, tea, water. During the day - my liquids are closer to 120-150 oz. I like coffee. I drink coffee and I count it.
  • Last but not least - food allergies - if you are allergic to something you eat- drink- that may cause inflammation, water retention. Fyi - I am allergic to whey - so if I eat yogurt, or drink whey shakes- I "gain" 2-3 lbs almost right away. Same with glass or 2 of wine. I like it, but I am allergic now it it. (Go figure)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

AggieMae
on 9/10/17 1:51 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

After a few weeks of obsessively weighing myself I moved the scale out of my bathroom into my kids (nasty) bathroom and started to weigh myself once a week. So much less discouraging.

And as others have said, weight isn't the only indicator. I measure myself every few weeks. Sometimes the biggest lose of inches happens in weeks where I lose very little weight.

I am not the fastest loser but I am consistent. I have lost over 100 inches in the past 10 months!

When I first started exercising regularly (May?) I didn't lose much and even gained weight for a few weeks because I was gaining muscle.

Don't sweat the daily or weekly weight, look at the big picture.

Most Active