Just an update

JaimeRG
on 12/24/17 5:18 pm

Hello all and Merry Christmas!

I had VSG surgery on 9/18. At that time I was 279 pounds down from my beginning weight of 420 in January 2017. It has been a journey and have had many ups with a few downs but always able to pull myself back up. As on December 11 I am 210 pounds. I am hoping to lose another 20-30 pounds. I was a size 32 and now am able to wear a size large. It amazes me how many choices of clothing I have now.

It is a very hard time of year with all the treats and such but I have survived with a few bad days but back on track and I love being the size I am. My head doesn't always see how much I have lost. My head also likes to tell me I am hungry when I shouldn't be but I have been able to conquer.

This was a wonderful decision and look forwrd to what the future holds!

Au_Contraire
on 12/24/17 6:40 pm

Merry Christmas Jaime!

You have transformed so amazingly this year! I am in awe! Wishing you another wonderful year brimming with everything sweet and good!

JaimeRG
on 12/27/17 10:41 am

Thank you so much! I try to remember how far I have come even though my eyes don't see it. Even though I have stumbled a bit these last few days I need to get back up dust myself off and move forward. Having this positive reinforcement helps me so much! The sugar has gotten a hold of me the last few days and I need my head to get back in the game!! Have a wonderful New Year!!

peachpie
on 12/25/17 2:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Excellent work! The holidays have been a struggle for me too this year. Just think of where we'd be without surgery... even with the struggles we're still light years away from where we were!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

JaimeRG
on 12/27/17 10:46 am

Thank you for letting me know I am not alone. I tried so hard to keep away from the sugar and cookies for the Holidays but I slipped up a bit. Everything is now out of the house and being back at work will help me get back into the routine I need. I also like the fact that I like that I feel guilty and then I step the exercise up even a bit more than usual. I know it is not a good habit to get into, and I don't plan on it being one, but I figured for short term it will help me out. Sugar and moderation do not work for me so I will have to forbid myself of that. Sugar free is the way to go for me. It tastes sweet and I can do with a little bit.

Thanks again for the motivation!! Happy New Year!!

Shannon S.
on 12/25/17 11:33 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Absolutely amazing!

JaimeRG
on 12/27/17 10:47 am

Thank you! It sure has been a journey! One I need to get back on!! :-)

JaimeRG
on 12/27/17 10:48 am

Are there any positive quotes you have that you can share about dusting yourself off and getting back up and on track? Anything that will help keep me positive would be awesome!

Thank you! Happy New Year to all!!

Jaime

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/17 11:46 pm, edited 12/27/17 3:51 pm
Teena D.
on 12/28/17 5:36 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I think your pre-op success was amazing and I have no doubt that you will lose all the weight that you want to- congratulations!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active