B1 Low,

Brian994
on 10/2/19 1:58 am, edited 10/2/19 5:09 pm

I like to keep my B12 at around 1000,MyPrepaidBalance Vitamin D at around 60, and my ferritin around 150. My doctor prescribes iron infusions when my ferritin gets below 50. I would be concerned if my ferritin was only 70 after infusions. My ferritin jumps to over 300 after infusuions and slowly drops until I need my next infusion.

Janet P.
on 9/10/19 12:01 pm
On September 6, 2019 at 5:02 PM Pacific Time, sunshinespring wrote:

I totally agree with you, I wish my ferritin would get above 100, doesn't happen even with infusions and I start dropping really fast, I am considering having B12 shots but I cant figure out why vitamin B give me anxiety, I will have to suck it up and take b12 and b1, I have ordered some on amazon

same issue with my vitamin D cannot get it over 30 and I've been trying for years.

needless to say my brain fog and joint aches, lately my memory is completely shut. I know is got a lot to do with my vitamins being low,

Are you seeing a hematologist or just getting infusions through your regular doc. My hematologist wants my ferritin over 100 or he considers me anemic. What kind of infusions are you getting? I've had several different types and the latest one, Injectafer, has been spectacular. It was developed specifically for people who don't absorb oral iron. I had my last infusion almost 2 years ago and the last labs had my ferritin well over 200.

I wasn't taking any B vitamins as everything was crazy high but last year by B1 was low. I just take once per day, the standard B1 (dry).

Your D is also probably low. What kind of D do you take? Are you taking D3? K1? K2? All help with D absorption. I take 50K units of D3 three times a day and it keeps my levels in the normal range.

With your RNY you have malabsorption and need dry vitamins.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

sunshinespring
on 9/11/19 10:50 am - Bay Area, CA

Hello there,

I am seeing a hematologist, I will consult with her about my symptoms and I've been given venofer for my infusions, started having infusions since 2016 and back then after my 5 infusions my ferritin went up to 60 then next year 76 and so on this year she did them once a week instead of every other day and it went up to 101, also I started b1 dry last Saturday and see how that goes I'm not sure if it's a coincidence that I'm extremely nauseous or is the vitamins, this always happens to me I don't know why I'm so sensitive to any supplements, I take vitamin D3 dry 2000 units and additional 1000 units on my multi vitamins

i have tried 50,000 and then 5,000 and I got anxious with both doses, I am not sure why this happens to me, the 3000 units seems to be ok with my body.

catwoman7
on 9/11/19 11:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I think I remember reading that some people do get sick on some of the B vitamins. I've always been able to tolerate them, but some people have issues with them (IIRC)

animallover1247
on 10/3/19 7:38 am

Don't feel bad...my ferritin is 16 and my doctor said it was fine so I'm seeing a hematologist in a few weeks

Most Active