Weird pains

Joshuaknapp
on 9/29/19 6:29 am
VSG on 09/23/19

So I had my vsg 1 week ago. The first few days were painful then the 3rd or 4th day was ok. But from day 5 and on I've been getting very infrequent random pains right above my.belly button in a straight line. They start off not bad and last for about 5 seconds and at the end the pain is like a 10. Sometimes directly after that I get the same pain center chest almost like really bad heart burn. Is this normal? Should I contact my surgeon or doctor? If it is normal is it gas pain or just normal pain from the surgery? Not really scared right bow but if it continues I will be.

White Dove
on 9/29/19 7:00 am - Warren, OH

Absolutely contact your surgeon. I think it is just muscles or nerves that have been cut and are healing, but I would ask the doctor for sure.

I recall some pains like that and remember the doctor telling me to take a pill for it that was a NSAID. I was a bit concerned, but only took one of the pills and it never happened again. The same thing happened with my sister-in-law with the same surgeon and he gave her the same pills and they worked quickly for her too.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Joshuaknapp
on 9/29/19 7:08 am
VSG on 09/23/19

Thank you. I just got off the phone with the on call surgeon and she said it is normal and if the pain is to much to take tylenol or aspirin to take the edge off. She said itll last a few weeks as it's the site the pulled my stomach out of and it's likely muscle pains. She said it's nothing to worry about.

I was just worried it may have been a leak or something. Tha I god its isn't.

catwoman7
on 9/29/19 9:37 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I think leaks are pretty obvious right away - like before you even leave the hospital. But yes - I'm glad it's not that!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/30/19 9:37 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I found that a heating pad was very helpful for muscle pains around my incisions. Maybe that would help?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

White Dove
on 9/30/19 12:06 pm - Warren, OH

I am glad it was just muscle pain, and glad you called the surgeon and asked.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/19 10:06 am

Yes, it is good that everything is good :)

Most Active